Winter Cycling Clothing Guide + Video
When the weather outside is frightful, you're going to need all the right kit to deal with it!
Winter Cycling - What do you Need?
Cycling's a great hobby because you can get on your bike all year round. But when the days get dark, wet and cold, it's time to make sure you've got what you need.
Winter cycling clothing tips
- Overshoes - If it's been raining, your feet are going to get covered in cold, wet spray or mud. overshoes will keep your feet warm and dry.
- Base layers and thermals - You want to keep warm on your bike in the winter, but woolly jumpers won't do the trick - they'll just make you sweat. Our range of base layers and thermals are designed to soak up moisture and keep you warm and dry.
- Gloves - If your fingers are freezing, squeezing those brakes and even holding the bars properly could prove tricky. Get some cycling gloves to keep your hands warm and stay in control.
- Jackets - Our quality jackets will keep in more heat and keep you dry when the wind is howling and the rain is lashing down. Many jackets are also reflective, so they'll help you be seen on the road. If you're serious about cycling in winter, one of these is a must.
- Caps and hats - Cold ears really aren't much fun, and you can lose a lot of heat through your head, so it makes sense to get a cap or hat if you're planning on riding in low temperatures. Most winter cycling hats are thin enough to wear under a helmet, so that won't be a problem either.
- Glasses and goggles - Rain or road spray is a big problem on the bike, especially if you're going fast. Get some cycling glasses or goggles to keep your eyes protected and help your visibility.
Winter cycling at Halfords
If you want to stay safe and comfortable on your bike throughout winter, then Halfords has everything you need. Take a look at our range of cycling clothing, parts and accessories to help you brave the worst of British weather!
View all Cycling Clothing