Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer
How can I get it?
FREE Click & Collect
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer
The Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer has everything you need to help you up your cycling game. This clever bit of kit has many features and can do lots of things including: recording speed, distance, time, ascent/descent, gradient, GPS position, time/distance alerts & it also has the Virtual Partner feature so that you can train against a digital person! It has a 3” dual orientation colour touchscreen and is optimised for use with gloves as well as in the rain. You can turn every ride into a race by competing on the Garmin Connect segments and this enables you to see real-time results. Another great feature is the preloaded Garmin cycle map and round-trip routing for on-road or off-road navigation and points of interest, so you can input a distance and choose from up to 3 round-trip ride options.
Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer Extra Info
- 3” dual orientation colour touchscreen – works with gloves & in the rain
- Records all the stats you need to see how you’re doing: speed, distance, time and gradient amongst others
- Preloaded Garmin cycle map & round trip routing
- Instant uploads to Garmin Connect™ Mobile to analyse and share
- Connected features (with compatible smartphone) include live tracking, incoming call and text alerts, social media sharing, weather updates, sending/receiving courses and wireless uploads to Garmin Connect
- Advanced performance analysis, including integration with compatible Shimano Di2 electronic shifting systems
- Comes complete with extended out front bike mount, standard mount, preloaded maps, tether, USB cable & manuals.
- Now includes GroupTrack which allows the user to view other riders location and speed in real time on the Edge’s map page alongside several other benefits.
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours Heart Rate Monitor Included: No Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Screen Size: 3.0" Touchscreen: Yes Type: Cycle GPS Water Resistant: Yes Compatible with Strava: Yes
Garmin Edge 1000 GPS Bike Computer is rated out of 5 by 4.Rated 5 out of 5 by Figary from Nearly perfect After testing out an Edge 820 I convinced myself that the Extra size of the Edge1000 screen would make it the right choice for me but that I would wait until the Edge 1020? was released. However reliability issues forced an earlier change and I am delighted with the 1000. The mapping works really well although, when I installed OS 1:50k maps from my old Garmin the routing option didn't work and the better clarity from the pre-installed Garmin Europe maps made using them a no brainer. I like the more accurate GPS system and the choice of ride types which have can have individually set up display screens. The only down sides are the massive scope of the options available so there is a long learning curve and, in true Garmin style, it is not always the most intuitive GPS to use. Pairing the 1000 with my phone was straightforward and adding it to Garmin Express and Basecamp worked fine after a bit of experimenting. Garmin Connect continues to be the weak link in the system with poor base maps, very poor search or sort facilities for activities/routes and a very clunky upload and download of GPX &TCX files. On occasions this has required 5 separate steps - from external source to computer's download folder; then import to Basecamp, then export to my Garmin Edge, import back as an activity on Garmin Connect and finally convert this to a course before it can be edited for future use. So 5 stars for The Garmin Edge 1000 but lots of software development still needed from Garmin - Maybe 2 stars for Garmin ConnectDate published: 2017-07-28Rated 4 out of 5 by Carbon42 from Gain1000 Great peace of equipment does all what you would want from this top of the range garmin only down side to it is when you have every thing working on it at same time like live track and updates from phone the battery power is not that great but will still last you a whole days ridingDate published: 2017-06-24Rated 4 out of 5 by 666john from Good but could be better I've had a 500 for 3 years now and was looking for something with maps to do more of my own long rides rather than organised sportives. Not the easiest to set up but i've finally got the display showing what I want. Nice, clear and easy to see at a glance while riding. Just been on a 135 mile ride and was very disappointed when it flashed up low battery, it was fully charged before I went. I was using the map but bluetooth and wifi were switched off. It lasted the 1hr 10mins to get home but I'll be out for longer rides than this. I've never had the 500 run out of juice on over 150mile/14hr rides. The routing is okay but if you are following a route and go off it, it doesn't automatically reroute to get you back on, you just have to look for the thicker line on the map and head for it.Date published: 2015-07-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Andy0281 from Fantastic (So Far) Upgraded from the 510 for the base map functions. Done a few rides and its been spot in so far.Date published: 2015-04-28
Next Day Delivery
FREE next day delivery on all orders over £40 (Halfords products only)
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase