Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer
Fitted bundle deal
includes Accessories + Fitting
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer
How can I get it?
FREE Click & Collect
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle ComputerThe Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer is the first device with Strava live segment challenges. This aerodynamic GPS bike computer is packed with advanced analysis features like time in zone, cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time (when used with a power meter and heart rate monitor). It has a 2.3” high resolution colour display, providing great visibility in all lighting conditions, in a lightweight compact device. When paired with your compatible smartphone (Android 4.3 and above and iphone 4S and later) and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone notifications (allowing you to receive text and call notifications while riding), social media sharing, weather updates and automatic wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, Garmin’s online community where you can analyse post-ride stats, including cycling dynamics and save, plan and share your rides.
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer Extra Info
- Tracks time, distance, speed, ascent/descent and calories burned with advanced performance
- Offers in-ride challenges through live Strava segments
- Compatible with ANT+® sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate, power meter and Di2
- Sync with Bluetooth for live tracking, automatic uploads, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing and weather updates
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power meter and heart rate
- With the latest software update, the Edge 520 offers incident detection capabilities. When an incident is detected by your Garmin Edge 520, this feature will automatically provide your emergency contacts with your current location via your compatible smartphone.
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours Heart Rate Monitor Included: No Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Screen Size: 3.5 x 4.7cm Touchscreen: No Type: Cycle Computers Water Resistant: Yes Compatible with Strava: Yes
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer is rated out of 5 by 45.Rated 4 out of 5 by Stevenorbs1967 from Great Bike Computer Now that I have used it a few times and still learning all the functions I feel I can say that the Garmin 520 is a good piece of kit. There has been some dubious recordings linked with Strava so I would say don't rule your life depending on Strava. I wish I got the one with maps but this GPS unit does all my needs. Came with two mounts which suited me one for each bike It remains sturdy in the mounts provided even over very rough terrain. I used my British Cycling Card to get some discount. Helpful staff gave me a demo a few days earlier which influenced my decision to buy the Garmin 520Date published: 2018-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by iBen from Perfect training, not for exploring. Brilliant, GPS unit, clear screen, I have just four fields for visual ease at speed. All metrics are covered, power, cadence, heart, speed, each field can be view in multiple ways over several pages. It's an idea device for training, it has maps and can follow a breadcrumb trail with turn by turn guidance, just note it doesn't navigate, it can only follow the route you upload to it. The buttons are much friendly than a touch screen with winter gloves on, menus are intuitive and famiiar with other Garmin devices. Perfect device for training when paired with Connect, Strava and others, def recommend.Date published: 2018-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by Steven121 from Smart technology on the move. This Garmin Edge in my eyes is the perfect size, not too big and cumbersome but packed full of features sumilisr to it’s big brothers. Still learning the features that come with it but I wished I bought the sensors with it but due to the costs I could only get the basic setup. Not disappointed with the Edge 520Date published: 2017-12-31Rated 4 out of 5 by Ace58 from Great kit Had a edge 25 but needed more battery life so went for edge 520 and in using it I’ve found more features which is brilliant for a techie like me.Date published: 2017-11-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Gertjan from Good Alround A good replacement/ upgrade for my 510 - easy to use with good display fieldsDate published: 2017-11-21Rated 3 out of 5 by ShaunD123 from Garmin Edge 520 Great item, great price but as usual terrible customer service from HalfordsDate published: 2017-11-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Schroeder from Garmin Edge 520 I purchased the Garmin Edge 520 to get an accurate reading of my speed, time, distance covered, and gradients climbed without having to try and look at my watch to see what was going on. This cycling computer is an excellent addition to the bicycle, easily installed, it's light, the display is clear and everything i need to see is right in front of me, all the time. One small niggle is the sync function with Strava, there seems to be a discrepancy on average speed of about 0.2 miles per hour, so maybe Garmin and Strava could get together and get this sorted out. Overall, an excellent item, would recommend to any cyclist who needs to see their stats at a glance.Date published: 2017-09-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Gear49 from Garmin 520 I previously owned a Garmin 500 which was solid and reliable,so I decided to upgrade to a Garmin 520. It has all the features of the 500 and a few more, like Ride Summary when you stop the timer,Lap times display, elevation chart, and map of your ride. In addition I bought a rubber saver and screen protector in case of an accident happening. In the box are two handlebar mounts, one for the Handlebars (out front style) and one with rubber bands for the stem. If you have had Garmins previously this is a breeze to set up. Only downside is I have a Barfly bar mount so access to the timebutton (which is at the bottom) is difficult to turn on without untwisting the 520.Date published: 2017-09-25
£3.99 or FREE next day delivery on orders over £40 (Halfords products only)
FREE Next Day Delivery on orders over £40
Your delivery date will be communicated at checkout and on your confirmation email. Next day delivery not available on all products. Excludes bulky items.
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase