Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer
How can I get it?
FREE Click & Collect
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle ComputerThe Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer is the first device with Strava live segment challenges. This aerodynamic GPS bike computer is packed with advanced analysis features like time in zone, cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time (when used with a power meter and heart rate monitor). It has a 2.3” high resolution colour display, providing great visibility in all lighting conditions, in a lightweight compact device. When paired with your compatible smartphone (Android 4.3 and above and iphone 4S and later) and the Garmin Connect™ Mobile app, Edge 520 offers live tracking, smartphone notifications (allowing you to receive text and call notifications while riding), social media sharing, weather updates and automatic wireless uploads. Once your ride is complete, the data can be automatically sent to Garmin Connect™, Garmin’s online community where you can analyse post-ride stats, including cycling dynamics and save, plan and share your rides.
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer Extra Info
- Tracks time, distance, speed, ascent/descent and calories burned with advanced performance
- Offers in-ride challenges through live Strava segments
- Compatible with ANT+® sensors, including speed, cadence, heart rate, power meter and Di2
- Sync with Bluetooth for live tracking, automatic uploads, smart notifications, send/receive courses, social media sharing and weather updates
- Reports cycling-specific VO2 max and recovery time when used with power meter and heart rate
- With the latest software update, the Edge 520 offers incident detection capabilities. When an incident is detected by your Garmin Edge 520, this feature will automatically provide your emergency contacts with your current location via your compatible smartphone.
Battery Life: Up to 15 hours Heart Rate Monitor Included: No Power Source: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Screen Size: 3.5 x 4.7cm Touchscreen: No Type: Cycle Computers Water Resistant: Yes Compatible with Strava: Yes
Garmin Edge 520 Cycle Computer is rated out of 5 by 39.Rated 5 out of 5 by Schroeder from Garmin Edge 520 I purchased the Garmin Edge 520 to get an accurate reading of my speed, time, distance covered, and gradients climbed without having to try and look at my watch to see what was going on. This cycling computer is an excellent addition to the bicycle, easily installed, it's light, the display is clear and everything i need to see is right in front of me, all the time. One small niggle is the sync function with Strava, there seems to be a discrepancy on average speed of about 0.2 miles per hour, so maybe Garmin and Strava could get together and get this sorted out. Overall, an excellent item, would recommend to any cyclist who needs to see their stats at a glance.Date published: 2017-09-26Rated 4 out of 5 by Gear49 from Garmin 520 I previously owned a Garmin 500 which was solid and reliable,so I decided to upgrade to a Garmin 520. It has all the features of the 500 and a few more, like Ride Summary when you stop the timer,Lap times display, elevation chart, and map of your ride. In addition I bought a rubber saver and screen protector in case of an accident happening. In the box are two handlebar mounts, one for the Handlebars (out front style) and one with rubber bands for the stem. If you have had Garmins previously this is a breeze to set up. Only downside is I have a Barfly bar mount so access to the timebutton (which is at the bottom) is difficult to turn on without untwisting the 520.Date published: 2017-09-25Rated 4 out of 5 by Nuzzle from Garmin 520 Not as big a step up from my 500 as I expected. It's amazing how little these devices have moved on when compared to smart phones. Base maps are rubbish but you can find online advice on excellent free ones. Typical Garmin product. Probably would've got a Wahoo Elemnt Bolt but work gave me a Halfords voucher and they don't stock it...Date published: 2017-09-07Rated 5 out of 5 by 4RCycling from The need for speed... Great product. Set up was simple and straight forward. Pairing with the Garmin cadence sensor and heart rate monitor was a breeze, leaving plenty of time for the important bit, of getting out on the bike! For me, the Garmin 520 delivers on all levels. Just need to get peddling faster now!Date published: 2017-07-28Rated 5 out of 5 by carrot100 from garmin edge Brought this for my husband birthday, this is exactly what he wanted, a great bit of kit, does everything it says on the packet.Date published: 2017-07-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Hreb from Garmin Edge 520 This is very good product: lightweight, intuitive to use and it measures all metrics that a keen cyclist might be interested in, although you'll need added sensors for that (heart, cadence, power, etc). Whilst it is expensive, it is money well spent; I would recommend to another.Date published: 2017-07-11Rated 4 out of 5 by Tel7 from Bike toys.. Great piece o kit and goes across to my garmin connect ,strava and tp in no time. Happy camper!! Buttons better than touch screen 510 i had previously.Date published: 2017-05-23Rated 5 out of 5 by Batman222 from Garmin 520 ... great cycle gadget A great piece of cycling gadget/computer .... a bit of a nightmare to set up at first but then again that could be down to me not being good with instructions !! Covers everything you need, speed,distance etc & the live Strava is very addictive.Date published: 2017-05-09
Next Day Delivery
FREE next day delivery on all orders over £40 (Halfords products only)
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase