Dinitrol Medium Rustproofing Kit Aerosols
Oh no - this product can't be purchased right now - please try again later
- Help & Advice
- Buying Options
Dinitrol Medium Rustproofing KitDinitrol Medium Rustproofing Kit is ideal for older vehicles where there are signs of corrosion that need to be treated which are driven in normal circumstances and roads (not off road). This rustproofing kit is designed for those who don't have access to a compressor or air supply. The product bundle is ideal for the treatment of Ford Escort, Vauxhall Astra and Volkswagen Golf models including other vehicles of a similar size.
Step by step product application guide:
- Step 1 - Steam clean the vehicle and allow to dry.Once dry mask up any areas that you do not want to spray such as exhausts, brakes, electrics or radiator. Wear suitable protective clothing and place plastic floor covering under the vehicle to protect the surface from product drips. You may also require a wire brush to remove any loose material to find the solid base metal.
- Step 2 - Treat any rust present with Dinitrol RC800 or Dinitrol RC 900 Rust ConvertorRemove any flaking rust and apply the rust convertor to the remaining rust making sure the edges are coated to ensure a good seal.
- Step 3 - Spray cavity wax into all box sections and doors.Using an injection pipe or extension nozzle start to inject the product into internal bodywork and chassis cavities. Please note injection pipes or lances are for cavity wax applications only and not for applying vehicle underbody coatings.
- Step 3B - Also apply a thin coat of the cavity wax to the underside of the vehicle.Spraying a thin coat of cavity wax prior to applying the underbody coating softens up any existing coating that may be present and helps with the adhesion of the underbody or stonechip coating. Cavity waxes also contain rust inhibitors whilst the underbody coating combats the highly corrosive effects of road salt and abrasion.
- Step 4 - Apply the underbody coating over the thin coat of cavity wax, this can be done while still wet.In some circumstances it may be necessary to warm the underbody coating prior to spraying due to being much thicker than the cavity wax. To obtain the optimum protection a typical thickness of 700 microns wet should be applied this will dry to around 500 microns.Depth gauge DINE17127If your product is solvent or water based you must ensure air flow around the vehicle to allow the solvents to evaporate (not as long for water based products), the thicker the application the longer it takes to dry. The applied coating should be touch dry within 6-12 hours approximately. Also to check the coating is dry you can press your thumb onto the wax, it should leave a print in the wax but not come off onto your thumb. Underbody wax shows self-healing properties and skins over when dry but remains soft underneath allowing it to re-seal. It adheres to both painted surfaces and those with a layer of PVC or similar material, it will not harm rubber or plastics.
- Step 5 - If using a stonechip coating then Step 3B still applies prior to application.Remember you cannot apply stonechip protective coatings over underbody wax or the other way round. We recommend that stonechip coatings should be applied in areas of high abrasion such as wheel arches and off road vehicles. For normal wear and tear use Dinitrol underbody wax coatings. Please note stonechip coatings are hard wearing but do not re-seal.
- Step 6 - To clean excess or overspray To clean equipment use Dinitrol 7225 Auto Cleaner or other Benzene based spirit.
- Step 7 - For engine compartments you can use Dinitrol Corroheat 4010 clear wax.This product is specifically design for engine compartments and will withstand temperatures up to 200 degree Celsius. Once dry the product creates a hard transparent film that is resistant to both alkaline and acids.
- Step 8 - Retreat the cavity wax every 5 yearsAlso remember to inspect the underbody annually and touch the coating where necessary to check the surface in more detail.
Dinitrol Medium Rustproofing KitExtra Info
- 5 x Dinitrol 3125 HS Cavity Wax 500ml aerosols
- 7 x Dinitrol 4941 Car black underbody wax 500ml aerosols
- 1 x Dinitrol RC 900 Rust Convertor 400ml aerosol
- 1 x Compatible application trigger aerosol attachment
- 2 x 600mm long extension nozzles for aerosols
- 1 x Packet of 50 black plastic tapered plugs 10mm
- Dinitrol 3125 HS Spray is a black coloured product designed for application mainly as a cavity protection and a thin underbody coating. Main objects to be treated are used vehicles with some corrosion present.
- Dinitrol CAR 4941 Spray is a vehicle underbody corrosion protection treatment. When applied to a clean, dry surface, it adheres to both painted surfaces and those coated with a layer of PVC or similar material. Zinc, rubber and plastics are completely unharmed by the product.
- Dinitrol RC 900 is a specialist rust convertor & primer. The product contains a complex organic chelat base and epoxy resin. Dinitrol RC 900 actively converts rust on substrates into a stable organic iron complex. Once the product is dry, an impermeable barrier against further corrosion is formed. Dinitrol RC 900 penetrates rust 7 to 10 times deeper than standard rust converters. The product forms a strong dry adhesive film that provides a suitable base for paintwork and other corrosion protection products
Health & safety informationPlease note before applying the products we strongly recommend that suitable PPE items should be worn during application such as Goggles, Mask, Gloves and Overalls.IMPORTANT:
- Please note Dinitrol Corroheat 4010, Dinitrol 7225 Auto Cleaner & Dinitrol RC800 are not included in this kit and must be purchased separately.
- PLEASE NOTE: There will be a smell inside of the vehicle initially from the products and possibly a small amount of smoke from around the exhaust area, these are only temporary and will dissipate over a couple of days.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase