Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat Nav
Fitted bundle deal
includes Accessories + Fitting
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat Nav
How can I get it?
FREE Click & Collect
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat NavThe Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat Nav has a pinch-to-zoom display and built-in dash cam that records your drive, automatically saving collision footage on impact. Camera-assisted driver alerts such as Forward Collision and Lane Departure provide greater awareness. It comes preloaded with FREE lifetime map updates for the UK, Ireland and Full Europe (45 countries) and Garmin Digital Traffic. Pair DriveAssist with your compatible Garmin smartwatch to receive navigation, find my car and driver alerts right on your wrist. Other features include Bluetooth hands-free calling, voice-activated navigation, onscreen smart notifications, incident notification and much more. Enhance your journey with real-time parking information, Live Track feature and TripAdvisor data.
Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat NavExtra Info
- Advanced sat nav with built in dash cam and camera-assisted driver alerts
- Bright 5-inch capacitive touch, pinch-to-zoom display
- Preloaded with detailed maps of the UK, Ireland and Full Europe (45 countries) with FREE lifetime map updates
- Free Garmin Digital Traffic via DAB provides reliable traffic alerts to avoid incidents and congestion on your route
- You’ll know how many minutes of delay to expect and if there are any possible detours. It can even confirm whether or not you are on the fastest route
- Live parking information for on and off street parking at your destination
- Built-in dash cam continuously records your drive and automatically saves files on impact; GPS records where and when events occurred
- Incident notification feature sends text message with your vehicle location to a pre-determined phone contact if an incident occurs
- Forward Collision Warning alerts if you drive too closely to the car ahead
- Lane Departure Warning alerts if you drift off the road or into oncoming traffic
- Go Alert notifies you when stopped traffic ahead begins moving
- Garmin Real Vision feature displays camera view when approaching select destinations, and an arrow points exactly where you need to go
- Driver awareness features include alerts for dangerous curves, speed changes, railroad crossings, animal crossings, speed cameras and more
- Fatigue warning suggests break times and potential rest areas ahead after hours of driving
- Active Lane Guidance with voice prompts will guide you to the proper lane for your route photoReal and Bird’s Eye junction views help you navigate junctions with ease
- Garmin Real Directions provides detailed guidance using landmarks and traffic lights
- Pair your smartphone and your sat nav via Bluetooth to get hands-free calling, voice-activated navigation and smart notifications for calls, texts and other alerts straight onto on your sat nav screen
- Pair DriveAssist with your compatible Garmin smartwatch to receive navigation, find my car and driver alerts right on your wrist
- Built-in Wi-Fi for easier-than-ever map and software updates when connected to a Wi-Fi home network
- Live Track allows drivers to share their routes with others
- Travelapse feature allows to turn long hours of driving footage into a short video recap of the adventure. By downloading the free Garmin VIRB app, you can create Travelapse videos to watch and share them on social media
- TripAdvisor ratings for travel points of interest (POIs) such as hotels, restaurants and attractions
- Foursquare points of interest data add millions more new and popular places like restaurants, shops, services and more to your search
Compatible with Garmin BC 30 Wireless Backup Camera (sold separately)
What's in the box
- Garmin DriveAssist 51 LMT-D
- Vehicle suction cup mount
- Vehicle power cable/lifetime traffic antenna
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
Battery Life (hours): Up to 30 Minutes Bluetooth Handsfree: Yes Lifetime Map Updates: Yes Mapping: UK, ROI & Full Europe Safety Camera Updates: Yes - Safety camera alerts include fixed, mobile hand held, average & red light cameras Screen Size: 5" Traffic: Yes Type: Sat Nav Voice recognition: Yes
Garmin DriveAssist 51LMT-D with Full Europe Maps 5" Sat Nav is rated out of 5 by 15.Rated 5 out of 5 by GrimGrim from One slight hitch. Be very careful when buying microsd cards for this item. I bought a Sandisk Ultra 16GB SDHC card from PC World to augment the 4GB card that comes with it. This card worked fine for two days before the Garmin indicated that it needed to be formated before use, but would not, however format the card. I was 150 miles from home, but very close to the PC World where I bought the 16GB card. I bought another which brought up the format request immediately, but once again would not format at which point the Garmin would not recognise either card. On returning home I checked both cards in my PC finding no problems with them. The garmin worked fine with the original 4GB card, but I connected it to my PC and ran Garmin Express which indicated an update was due (I'd updated it a week earlier on my first day of ownership) updated it and looked closer at the requirements of microSDHC cards "Minimum of class 10". the cards I had bought were class 10. After the update one worked without problems and the other was formated successfully by the Garmin and also now runs perfectly. No real fault with the Garmin, but I would suggest "Better than class 10" microSDHC cards or format them in your PC before use (FAT or FAT32)..Date published: 2017-12-02Rated 4 out of 5 by RayAV15 from Good Sat Nav Overall this is a good Sat Nav with great additional features via the dash camera but not everyone would use the additional features because newer cars already have these built in. The maps are clear and traffic alerts are good. Speed cameras detection is good My reason for not giving this 5 stars is updating so far has not worked on PC or via the WiFi option, keeps indicating lacked of space.Date published: 2017-11-28Rated 3 out of 5 by CptIssues from OVERPRICED and worse performer than google maps I bought this Sat Nav because I wanted a combined dash-cam and sat-nav and to be honest this unit doesn't have a competitor that I was able to find. It has its moments but 90% of the time I'm shouting at it in frustration and considerinng returning it. Here's why: - Many roads that I need and businesses/government sites are MISSING from the maps but presennt on google maps, this is particularly notable if you need to visit an industrial estate for example. - It FINDS traffic far more often than it avoids it, the amount of times I've been sat in grid-locked traffic and it cheerfully reports "no traffic on your route" is ridiculous. - Software is SHOCKINNG. Right now I have it plugged into my computer trying to updatre it (again!) and 9 times out of 10 it just isn't recognised. - It FREEZES constantly without warning causing me to miss turnings. - The driver assist features are infuriating, out of the box it would bleet a forwarrd collision warning almost every time I passed a shadow or went under a bridge and ping every couple of minutes for potential speed camera vans (except the one time I did pass one and it didn't). On rural roads it'll also constantly go on about bends which are quite normal in England and it often panics because it thinks it's on the wrong side of the road. Turn all this off or mute and it's fine. - It thinks memory cards are corrupt randomly and you can't dismiss the warnning via voice comman. - The voice recognition software is infuriating - even if I turn the radio off and speak to it like I'm presenting the evening news it invents ridiculous sentences or freezes. Even phrases like "go home" are easily confused with "phone" but voice command does have it's moments when it seems to work very well. Apart from the above it's fine. I'm hoping as the firmware gets updated it'll get better! At time of writing it has just crashed again trying to do an update so time to reboot it and try again...Date published: 2017-11-07Rated 3 out of 5 by MYOBYC from Handy all-n-one unit but bugs in firmware. 'Driver assist' functions act in a random fashion when set to give audible warning, speed limit function does not give audible warnings. This is with a replacement unit as original was the same. I did double check that I had ticked the correct function boxes but unit just pleases itself. Hopefully next firmware update will solve this. Would have returned unit but no guarantee that a new one would be the same.Date published: 2017-10-17Rated 3 out of 5 by ISmity from Works well but not convinced with the traffic function General use as SatNav is as expected and Camera works when you finally work out how to set up. Other reviews say it can not record audio and it does if you want. Lane change is hopeless and has so many false alarms that it will be switched off. Traffic is the main bugbear. It uses part of the screen showing red and yellow with some sort of concept of on the route. When you get there it is just wrong. Also in a long slow roadwork section nothing at all was shown. Very strange. Working in background it is not much better. Coming north there was an option of M11, A1 or M1 to get home. It chose the M1 and an hour later planned M1 road closure (which it should have known about) was a pain. The suggested diversion was a joke adding 50miles and an hour to the journey. Ended up ignoring it. Screen is a very good mirror too so if the sun is shining very difficult to see.Date published: 2017-09-23Rated 5 out of 5 by Pemba from First class Excellent service. Staff member who hard wired the satnav was polite, very professional and very efficient. Job well done. Thank you.Date published: 2017-09-09Rated 4 out of 5 by Allan999 from Lots of features - but can be frustrating I was searching for my perfect SatnNav. My requirements were free maps for life, built in Traffic to enable me to automatically avoid congestion, and ease of operation. Voice control that actually works would be a bonus. Maps and Traffic it certainly has, but operation is not always intuitive. For example, to enter a favourite destination involves many steps where selecting "Favourites - Add - Save" would seem logical. The device comes with a USB lead - but not the standard one - the Garmin end is larger than standard, so you can't use any old lead. It is also very short making it inconvenient. The supplied car lead must be used for it contains the aerial for the Traffic info. The car end plug is also large and compromises my installation. The voice control is basic and frequently will not understand. For example, Google Drive on your phone shows how this can be done. The internal battery has very limited capacity, and without a connection will expire from fully charged in about 45 minutes. This SatNav is quite quick to find destinations and plan a route, and is stylish and appears well made.Date published: 2017-09-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Barrie488 from Garmin 51LMT-D 5" Sat Nav It is a nice bit of kit has got to be the easiest I have ever used Alex the young man that fitted it made a lovely job of fitting and explaining how it all worked. Would go out of my to visit Tiverton well done to you all thank you.Date published: 2017-09-07
£3.99 or FREE delivery on all orders over £40 (Halfords products only)
FREE Next Day Delivery on all orders over £40
Offer not available on products sold by our Approved Partners
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase