What's it all about?
As an employee, the Cycle2work scheme allows you to make huge savings on a new bike and any safety equipment. You can save up to 42% because the scheme acts as a tax break, which means you can get a brand new bike without paying tax and national insurance on it.
How does the scheme work?
You'll basically be hiring the bike from your employer in exchange for a small amount of your salary being taken over a monthly basis. It'll be deducted over a 12 or 18 months, depending on what works best for your budget.
What are the benefits?
Cycling takes the stress out of your commute and means you can get to work in a cheap and environmentally-friendly way. Plus, you'll be keeping fit and healthy at the same time.
Let's get going
Get your new bike in just 5 simple steps:
- If they haven't already, get your employer to sign up for the scheme by going to www.cycle2work.info.
- Choose your bike and accessories from Halfords' massive range.
- Apply online. Your employer can then approve the total cost and you'll need to sign a hire agreement.
- Your bike will arrive and the price is deducted from your salary over 12 or 18 months.
- After the monthly payments, your employer can transfer the ownership of the bike to you for a fair price.