Using Shoe Grips For Walking On Ice & Snow
Wearing shoe grips for walking on ice and snow provides you with much higher grip and control when out and about in winter. Find out all about these useful products with this guide from Halfords.
Ice grips are handy items that slip over your footwear and feature studs on the bottom, creating better traction on slippery surfaces such as snow or ice. This makes it much easier to walk, and also helps prevent dangerous slips and falls.
Shoe grips are great for allowing you to get on with your everyday business in winter, such as popping to the shops, walking the dog, or tending to the garden. See below for some guidance on how to use them effectively.
Walking On Ice & Snow With Shoe Grips
- Using shoe grips for walking on ice or snow is really simple. All you have to do is slip them over your shoes, creating instant extra grip for your usual footwear.
- Fasten your shoe grips firmly using the straps provided - the tighter the better, as this will provide maximum safety.
- Stop and check the grips regularly when out walking, to ensure they haven't come loose. Tighten them if necessary.
- Clean and dry your shoe grips after use to help keep them in good condition.
- You may want to keep your ice grips in the car boot or porch, so you'll have them handy for when you might need them.
Shoe Grips Available at Halfords
Halfords has a range of ice grips for shoes available to reserve online and collect in-store, or to buy online for delivery.
Get prepared for the cold weather this year with Halfords - order today.