Road Bike Clothing Buyer's Guide
Road bikes are built for speed, with ultra-thin slick tyres and nimble carbon fibre frames. With these bikes being able to go faster than most cycles, it's important to have the right road bike clothing to keep you safe and comfortable.
Make sure you're getting the most out of your bike rides, by taking your time to look through our road cycling clothing range. To help you decide, have a read below of what we think are the best road bike clothing essentials to get you out and about safely.
Racing Bike Clothing
- Road Bike Helmets - A cycle helmet is a must at the best of times, but with the high speeds that road bikes are capable of reaching it's one of the most important pieces of bike clothing you can wear.
- Cycling Shorts - If you cycle long distances, and take your road biking seriously then you need a decent pair of shorts. Padded cycling shorts give great freedom of movement and comfort, with in-built padding in the areas that need it most. Also take a look at our cycling bib shorts, which differ from normal cycling shorts as they have shoulder straps to even out pressure and keep out any drafts.
- Cycling Jerseys - Road bike jerseys are skin tight just like the shorts, making sure no speed is lost through wind resistance. As well as this, most jerseys are made out of a 'sweat wicking' and fast drying material to help soak up any moisture, keeping it away from your skin.
- Cycling Glasses and Goggles - Buying a pair of glasses or goggles will help to keep the wind or spray out of your eyes, helping you stay in control. Some glasses have UV protection to make sure the sun stays out of your eyes when riding.
- Road Cycling Gloves - When your hands begin to sweat, grip on the handlebars is reduced which can be dangerous at high speeds. Take a look at our cycling gloves and see which ones best suit your needs.
- Cycling Shoes- Most modern race bikes come with 'SPD fitment' pedals, where you have the option to buy special shoes that clip into the pedals giving you ultimate control.
Halfords Road Bike Gear
As well as all of our great road cycling clothes, we also have an extensive range of cycling clothing for all sorts of biking disciplines. From mountain bike shorts to cycling gilets, they'll be something to suit you.
Once you've decided then head to the checkout and order for delivery to your door, or reserve and collect in your local store.