Cycling Fitness Tips
If you want to get in good shape, then cycling's the answer. Cycling helps you lose weight and tone up and keeps you fit.
But the best thing about cycling is that you don't have to be sports-mad to get on a bike. Anyone can saddle up and improve their health at their own pace.
Fitness tips for all
- Always stretch your muscles before and after cycling to prevent injury.
- Plan your route so you can work out how far you're riding. Consider buying a cycle computer - they track everything from distance to calories burned.
- Increase the length of your routes slowly and steadily.
- Try and cycle regularly so your body gets used to it.
- Eat and drink sensibly - check out our guide to cycling nutrition and diet for more tips.
- Buy a cycle trainer - this turns your bike into a static cycling machine so you can train indoors. Great if it's winter and you don't fancy the rain and snow!
Cycling fitness accessories at Halfords
If you're serious about getting fit and healthy, check out the accessories we sell at Halfords. We've got loads of things that'll come in handy, including cycling clothing, bike water bottles and cycling hydration packs.
You can buy any of our accessories online. Just choose 'click and collect' to pick them up from your local Halfords, or arrange for them to be delivered if that's easier for you.