Car Battery Buyers Guide
Get expert advice in choosing the best battery for your car with our handy buyer's guide.
Car Battery Buyer's Guide
When your car breaks down, there's a good chance you could have a problem with your car battery. It's understandable - your car battery works really hard, especially in winter, when it has to power everything from your bulbs, heaters and wipers to your sat nav.
Car Batteries at Halfords
We sell 3 types of battery at Halfords:
- Halfords lead acid batteries - our value range that comes with a 3-year guarantee.
- Halfords calcium batteries - these batteries will give you 30% more starting power than a standard battery and come with a 4-year guarantee.
- Yuasa silver batteries - perfect if you use extra in-car gadgets like DVD players.
Which car battery do I need?
The car battery you choose depends on your car and its needs. Don't worry if you're not sure, just check out our car battery look-up tool. It's really easy to use: simply enter your car registration and let it do the rest!
Fitting your car battery at Halfords
When you know what battery you need, pop into your local Halfords and we'll fit it and check everything's ok. It won't cost much - prices for our car battery fitting service start from just £6.99.
Halfords trained staff can:
- recycle your old battery for free
- give your car a free 5-point health check.