Paying by credit
- We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards registered at UK addresses.
- Please ensure that the expiry date of your credit/debit card is after the anticipated despatch date of your order. Payment will be debited from your account just before the despatch of your goods, and if your payment card has expired, we will be unable to take payment and fulfil your order. (UK only)
- We regret that we are unable to accept payment by Cash, Halfords Gift Vouchers, High Street Vouchers, Purchase Orders or any other form of payment other than credit or debit cards when shopping online.
Validation Checks (UK only)
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer.
- If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- In the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, we will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services).
- We may instruct a third party to complete these checks. By ordering from our website www.halfords.com you consent to such checks being made.
- We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order.
- Any information you give us may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
The majority of card issuers cover all the charges that may result from unauthorised use of your credit card or debit cards, but some may limit your liability to £50. If you believe your credit or debit card has been subject to unauthorised use you should contact your card issuer without delay.
Paypal as a Payment Method (UK only)
How does it work?
It is simple, on the payment page, select Paypal as your chosen payment methods and you will be directed to a log on screen. Once you have logged on, you will see all your order details and be asked to confirm payment. On confirming payment you will then be presented with your order confirmation page on Halfords.com.
You will receive an email from Halfords.com confirming your order, and two further emails from Paypal, one notifying that you have authorised a payment on your Paypal account, and one to confirm payment once we have dispatched the order.
Please note that Paypal can only be used as a payment method for orders for home/work delivery.
How do I get a refund?
Paypal as a payment type will be shown on all documentation sent to you from Hafords.com. So all you need to do is present your proof of purchase in store.
When you call Customer Services to arrange your return, they will be able to see that your payment was made via Paypal and we will refund your account on receipt of the returned goods.
Terms and Conditions
Further Terms and Conditions on Purchasing with Paypal can be found at www.paypal.co.uk