Delivery & Returns
During peak periods, our delivery and collection times may be extended. Take a look at the delivery or collection date at the checkout to be sure of when you'll receive your items.
Last Order Dates for Christmas Delivery
In order to help you plan your Christmas shopping, please find our last order dates below.
|Delivery option||Cost||Last order date|
|Click & Collect (Item is stocked in store) **||FREE in store collection the same day (from 1 hour after reservation)**||Reserve on Wednesday 23rd and Thursday 24th up until 1 hour before store closing***|
|Click & Collect (Item not stocked in store)*||FREE delivery to your selected store||Order by 8pm Monday 21st December for delivery Wednesday 23rd December|
|Standard delivery*||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £30||Order by 8pm Sunday 20th December for delivery on or before Thursday 24th December|
|Next Day delivery*||£4.99||Order by 8pm Tuesday 22nd December for delivery Wednesday 23rd December|
|Saturday delivery*||£5.99||Order by 8pm Friday 18th December for delivery Saturday 19th December|
|Sunday delivery*||£5.99||Order by 8pm Friday 18th December for delivery Sunday 20th December|
|Time slot delivery*||Morning & Afternoon: £6.99, Evening: £ 9.99||Order by 8pm Tuesday 22nd December for delivery Wednesday 23rd December|
Not all delivery options are available for every product. Please see the individual product pages for further information.
For products sold by Halfords Approved Partners, please see the individual product pages.
*Delivery exceptions apply. If the product is supplied directly from the supplier or is a bulky item, delivery and last order dates may vary from the above. Items sent directly from the supplier have a 3pm order cut off time. Delivery dates will be shown during checkout.
**Certain in-store services will increase the collection time. For example if you choose to have your bike built in store, the collection time will be extended to 4pm the following day (instead of collection from 1 hour after reservation). Collection times will be shown during checkout before you complete your order.
***Please see our store locator page for individual store opening hours.
Click and Collect collection dates will be shown on the product page once you've entered your postcode into the "How can I get it" section. Alternatively, add your items to your basket and the collection date will be shown during checkout.
For direct delivery to home, delivery dates will be shown once you've added the items to your basket, entered your postcode and clicked on the "Checkout" button. The following page will show the delivery lead time for each individual product. You will need to enter your delivery address, billing information and payment details after this.
Our last order dates are subject to change as the winter weather can be unpredictable, potentially affecting delivery times.
Order dates between Christmas and New Year
|Delivery option||Cost||Last order date|
|Click & Collect (Item is stocked in store) **||FREE in store collection the same day||Collect from 1 hour after reservation ***|
|Click & Collect (Item not stocked in store)*||FREE delivery to your selected store||
- Order from 8pm Monday 21st December to 8pm Tuesday 22nd December for delivery Monday 28th December
- Order from 8pm Tuesday 22nd December until 8pm Saturday 26th for delivery Tuesday 29th December
- Order from 8pm Saturday 26th December to 8pm Monday 28th December for delivery on Wednesday 30th December
- Order by 8pm Tuesday 29th December for delivery on Thursday 31st December
- Order from 8pm Tuesday 29th December to 8pm Saturday 2nd January for delivery Tuesday 5th January
|Standard delivery*||£2.99 or FREE on orders over £30||Delivery times will be shown during checkout|
|Next Day delivery*||£4.99||
- Order from 8pm Tuesday 22nd December to 8pm Monday 28th December for delivery Tuesday 29th December
- Order by 8pm Tuesday 29th December for delivery Wednesday 30th December
- Order by 8pm Wednesday 30th December for delivery on Thursday 31st December
- Order from 8pm Wednesday 30th December to 8pm Monday 4th January for delivery Tuesday 5th January
|Saturday delivery*||£6.99||Not available on Boxing Day (Saturday 26th December)|
|Sunday delivery*||£5.99||Not available on Sunday 27th December|
|Time slot delivery*||Morning & Afternoon: £6.99, Evening: £ 9.99||Available delivery slots will be shown during checkout|
*Please note that free delivery is only available on orders over £30, and is not available for delivery of bulky items (such as tool cabinets).
Here's where you can find out more about getting your Halfords order delivered to your home or work address.
Remember, if you take advantage of our Click & Collect service you can collect your item(s) for free from your local store - sometimes as quickly as 1 hour after placing your order online! Please click here for more info on Click & Collect.
Not all delivery options are available for all items - please take a look at the item's product page for more info.
Large items such as bikes, roof boxes and tool chests are not eligible for Sunday delivery and delivery time slots.
Unfortunately, certain volatile or hazardous items cannot be shipped and will not be available for delivery.
|Delivery Type||Price||When do I need to order by?||Delivery Times||Other Info|
(within 4 working days)
|£2.99 or FREE on orders over £30||Order by 8pm*||Monday to Friday ||- Please allow an extra 2 working days for Bank Holidays|
- Smaller items (e.g. sat navs) sent by DPD
- Larger goods (e.g. bikes) sent via DX & a signature will be required
- Excludes bulky items
|Next Day||£4.99||Order by 8pm* for Next Day delivery||8am - 6pm**||- Smaller items (e.g. sat navs) sent by DPD|
- Larger goods (e.g. bikes) sent via DX & a signature will be required
|Named Day |
(Mon - Fri)
|£4.99||Order by 8pm*||Choose a day from Mon - Fri|
8am - 6pm**
|Saturday||£5.99||Order by 8pm* Friday for Saturday delivery||Saturday |
8am - 6pm**
|Sunday||£5.99||Order by 8pm* Friday for Sunday delivery||Sunday|
9am - 5pm**
- Your Halfords order will be delivered by DPD
- Need to make any changes to your delivery? Just follow the link in the delivery email or SMS which DPD send you
- These services are not available for large items. To find out which delivery options we offer for an item, take a look at the item's product page.
(Mon - Fri)
|£6.99||8am - 12pm|
(Mon - Fri)
|£6.99||12pm - 6pm|
(Mon - Fri)
|£9.99||6pm - 9pm|
(within 3 working days)
|From £39.99||Order by 8pm*||Monday to Friday |
8am - 6pm**
|- Bulky items include really heavy products (such as tool chests) which require two people for delivery|
- Once you've ordered, the courier will call you to arrange a date & time
- Please provide a phone number so they can get in touch!
|Click & Collect||FREE||Order by 8pm*||Collect your order in store!||- To find out more, click here.|
Please note that items cannot be delivered on Bank Holidays.
*Items sent directly from the supplier (such as Halfords Marketplace orders and car parts) need to be ordered by 3pm. The delivery times for your order will be shown during checkout.
**Please note that during busy periods these times may be extended.
Where do you deliver to?
We can deliver your order to your chosen address in the UK. Unfortunately we're not able to deliver to non-UK destinations (such as the Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, BFPO address and PO boxes) at this time.
Deliveries to non-mainland UK address and remote locations (such as the Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may be subject to additional delivery charges and might take a bit longer to reach you.
What if I'm ordering more than one item for delivery?
If all the items in your order have been sold & sent by Halfords then there will only be one delivery charge. If you're ordering an item from more than one Approved Partner (or items from Halfords together with items from an Approved Partner) then there will be a separate delivery charge for each part of your order.
Want to return an item? Please click on the 'Returns' tab at the top of this page for our Returns info.
General Delivery Information
We'll do everything we can to meet the delivery time specified in this section. However, delivery times may occasionally be affected by factors beyond our control and cannot be guaranteed. We'll let you know if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
For further details, please see our full Terms & Conditions here.
Halfords Returns Policy
If you decide that you do not want any item that we have delivered, we are happy to offer you an exchange or refund within 28 days of delivery. Any item must be returned unused in their original packaging along with the original packing note and copy invoice (as proof of purchase). If you decide to return an item you can do so for free at any of our stores nationwide. If you choose to return an item by post you will need to cover the cost of postage, however if you are returning a faulty item your postage cost will be refunded once we have received back and checked the fault.
Satellite Navigation, DVDs, memory cards and software can only be exchanged if faulty or if returned unused with the original seal and wrapping intact. Personalised products and made-to-order products cannot be returned unless faulty.
Bought an item from a Marketplace seller?
If the item you've bought from halfords.com has a logo stating 'Sold and sent by' by someone other than Halfords, then the guidelines for returning an item are slightly different. Click here to see how to return an item you've purchased from a Marketplace seller.
Current consumer protection legislation states that items must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If you purchase a product online which is found to be faulty within 30 days then you are entitled to request a full refund of the faulty product. Should a fault occur after the initial 30 days, we are entitled to repair and/or replace that item. If it cannot be repaired or replaced, then you may be entitled to a refund. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Ways to Return your Items
At Halfords, we hope that you are happy with your purchase. If you have any questions about any items please contact your local store who will be happy to help.
If you need to return an item we will happily offer a refund as long as this is within 28 days of delivery, in its original packaging and you have proof of purchase.
There are three easy ways to return your item(s):
- In store
- By post
- By courier
For exchanges or to return an item collected in store, please visit one of our stores.
- You can return any item for free at any of our stores.
- Simply fill in the returns form that came with your order.
- Take this along with your proof of purchase to the store (for Home or Work delivery orders, you will have received a copy of this by email).
- The store will happily refund your payment onto the card you paid with or offer an exchange.
- It is the store managers' decision whether or not to accept a return if you have no proof of purchase. Find your nearest store
If you have lost your returns note you can print another one here.
- To return an item by post fill in the return note included with your order or print off a new one here.
- If you have lost your returns note all the information you need to fill in the returns form can be found in your invoice
- Where possible please try and use the original packaging when sending your items back and ensure it is securely packaged as Halfords cannot be held responsible for any damage during posting.
- Attach the return address label included with your delivery.
- Make sure you take your parcel to your local Post Office in enough time for it to get to us within 28 days of you receiving your order.
- Please note returns made by post are at the customers' own expense.
- We recommend using a trackable service and obtaining proof of postage.
- Please keep your proof of postage until we have confirmed your refund has been processed.
- For larger products (such as adult bikes, tool chests and roof boxes) we offer a courier collection service.
- A £7 charge applies for this service.
- To request this service, please contact Customer Services on 0345 504 53 53 or email email@example.com.
Please note the following:
- Collections require a minimum of two working days' notice.
- We will need to someone to be available and to sign at the time of collection.
- Collections can only be made Monday - Friday (excl. Bank Holidays).
- Collection will take place between 9am and 6pm. (we're really sorry but exact times cannot be given).
- Please re-pack the item(s) securely for courier transport. (All cycles must be un-built and boxed for return)
- We will aim to refund you as soon as possible, but will refund your account within 30 days.
- If an item is being returned as faulty we advise you to return it to a store, as this is the quickest way to receive your refund.
- If you are unable to return a faulty item to your local store please contact us .
For faulty items, we will examine them or we may have to return them to the manufacturer for examination. Where applicable a refund will be provided to your account within 30 days.
When returning items for a refund that were bought online as part of a 'Buy One, Get One Free' offer, 'Buy One, Get One Half Price' offer, '3 for 2' offer, or a 'Buy, Get a Free' offer, all of the items involved in the offer must be returned.
Please note, personalised products and made-to-order products cannot be returned unless faulty.
Our Customer Service opening hours can be viewed here
Our full Terms & Conditions of Sale can be viewed here
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Marketplace Returns & Delivery
Delivery from Approved Partners
When you order an item from a Halfords Approved Partner, the delivery cost will vary depending on which option you choose and which Approved Partner you're shopping with. Different Approved Partners will offer different delivery options (such as next working day delivery). All of the available delivery prices and options from the Approved Partner will be shown during checkout.
Order tracking may be available for orders from some Approved Partners. If the Approved Partner is able to provide you with order tracking details, then you'll receive them at the same time you receive your order despatch confirmation email. Take a look at the Approved Partner's Terms & Conditions to check if they offer order tracking.
If you order multiple items from the same Approved Partner at once then you'll only need to pay the postage cost once. Ordering multiple items from different Approved Partners? Then you'll need to pay separate postage costs for each Approved Partner.
Where is my order from an Approved Partner?
Once you've placed an order with an Approved Partner you'll be sent confirmation within 3 working days. If Next Day delivery is available, then the items will be dispatched on the same day you order them as long as the order is placed before 3pm. The items will then arrive on the next working day.
Think your order might be late? Please get in touch with the Approved Partner to confirm your order has been dispatched. If you have an account on the Halfords website and want to get in touch with the Approved Partner, then go to the My Account page and then your orders page. Choose the order you'd like to contact the seller about, and select Contact Seller. Choose the reason for contacting the seller, enter your message then send it.
Don't have a Halfords account? Go to the Track My Order page and enter your order number and email address. Then select Contact Seller, choose the reason for contacting the seller, and enter your message before sending.
Once you've sent an email to an Approved Partner, they'll need to respond to you within 3 working days. If they haven't acknowledged your email within 3 days then please contact Halfords Customer Services. You'll need to send us the order number and the dates on which you contacted the seller so that we can look into this for you.
If you contact Halfords Customer Services to enquire about where your order from an Approved Partner is then you'll be asked to contact the Approved Partner as the first step.
Halfords Marketplace Returns
Can I return an item if I bought it from an Approved Partner more than 28 days ago?
While Halfords offers a 28 day returns policy on products in their original packaging (with proof of purchase), our Approved Partners will have their own returns and refund policies.
Our Approved Partners are required to meet trading standards, but are not required to follow the Halfords 28 day returns policy. Please take a look at the Partners Directory to find the Approved Partner's shop page and read their full Terms & Conditions.