Delivery & Returns
If you're ordering items for delivery, take a look at the table below to find out when they'll reach you.
If you take advantage of our Click & Collect service you can collect your items for free from your local store, sometimes as quickly as an hour after placing your order online!
Unfortunately we're unable to deliver certain volatile or hazardous items - this will be made clear on the item's product page.
* Delivery of bulky items to the Scottish Highland and Northern Ireland will cost £99.99
** Items sent directly from the supplier (such as Halfords Marketplace orders and car parts) need to be ordered by 3pm. The delivery times for your order will be shown during checkout.
*** During busy periods these times may be extended.
|Bank holidays||Unfortunately we do not deliver on Bank Holidays|
|Bikes ordered 8pm Friday – midnight Sunday||Our courier for bikes does not deliver at the weekend. Therefore, unbuilt bikes ordered between 8pm Friday and midnight on Sunday will be delivered on the following Tuesday. Please allow an extra working day for built bikes.|
|Volatile or hazardous items||We're unable to deliver certain volatile or hazardous items - this will be made clear on the item's product page.|
Having built bikes delivered
Certain bikes can be delivered built; these will be delivered within five days.
Where do you deliver to?
We can deliver your order to addresses in the UK, but unfortunately we're unable to deliver to non-UK destinations (such as the Republic of Ireland, Channel Islands, BFPO addresses and PO boxes) at this time.
Deliveries to non-mainland UK addresses and remote locations (such as the Scottish Isles, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Northern Ireland and the Scottish Highlands) may take a bit longer to reach you.
What if I'm ordering more than one item for delivery?
If all the items in your order have been sold and sent by Halfords there will only be one delivery charge. If you're ordering an item from more than one Approved Partner (or items from Halfords together with items from an Approved Partner) there will be a separate delivery charge for each part of your order.
General Delivery Information
We'll do everything we can to meet the delivery times above, but sometimes they may be affected by factors outside of our control and can't be guaranteed. We'll let you know if we become aware of an unexpected delay.
For further details, please see our full Terms & Conditions.
Returning Items That Contain Hazardous Materials
All products that contain substances which are flammable, pressurised, corrosive, damaging to the environment, irritant or harmful, are classified as "Hazardous items". These items are classified as dangerous goods in the EU. When transporting and handling these items specific guidelines must be followed. If you want to return such items to Halfords you must follow the guidelines set out below.
Please use the returns instructions on your dispatch note and guidance below. If you?re returning a hazardous item from outside the UK, please contact our customer service team for information.
Where possible, use the original packaging when sending back the product to us. This packaging already comes with the labelling and packaging formats that you need to apply. If your Halfords parcel was damaged please use new packaging to send the product back to us. To the new packaging please apply the additional labels included in your parcel. If you cannot locate your additional labels, copies can be downloaded using the links below.
Please ensure you download and apply all the labels present on your original packaging.
For items which contain batteries, including lithium batteries, make sure the package is strong and rigid. Secure the equipment against movement within the outer packaging and against accidental activation. Make sure any containers with liquids, aerosols or other substances prone to spillage are tightly closed and packed within a leak proof plastic bag. Place the containers upright in the box and put the filling material around the product to fill any empty spaces in the box. Newspaper can be used if original filling materials have been disposed of.
If you're returning multiple hazardous items, you must only return one item per parcel to ensure compliance.
Damaged Hazardous Items
If you receive a damaged hazardous item, please don't use it, and follow the instructions on the product.
Damaged hazardous items, including damaged lithium batteries, are NOT returnable and should be disposed of in a recycling centre. If the item you want to return contains damaged lithium batteries please detach them from the item before returning. The item without the battery can then be returned. If the damaged battery can't be detached or if the item itself is a damaged lithium battery; please contact our customer service team for advice.
Halfords Returns Policy
If you change your mind and decide you no longer want an item that we've delivered, we're happy to offer you an exchange. You'll need to return your item unused and in their original packaging along with the original packing note and invoice (as proof of purchase).
You can return an item for free at any of our stores, but if you choose to return by post you'll need to cover the cost of postage. However, if the item you're returning is faulty we'll refund the postage once we've received the item and checked the fault.
We can only exchange sat navs, DVDs, memory cards, and software if they're faulty or are returned unused with their original seals and wrapping intact. Personalised products and made-to-order products can only be returned if they're faulty.
Unfortunately, we do not offer refunds on car seats.
Bought a Boardman Elite Bike?
If you have bought a Boardman Elite Bike please click below to see the returns policy
Boardman Elite Returns Policy
Bought an item from a Marketplace seller?
If the item you've bought from halfords.com has a logo stating 'Sold and sent by' by someone other than Halfords, then the guidelines for returning an item are slightly different. Click here to see how to return an item you've bought from a Marketplace seller.
Consumer protection legislation says that items must be as described, fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality. If you buy a product online and it's found to be faulty within 30 days, you're entitled to ask for a full refund of the faulty product. If a fault occurs after the initial 30 days, we're entitled to repair and/or replace that item. If it can't be repaired or replaced, then you may be entitled to a refund. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
Ways to return your items
If you need to return an item we'll happily offer a refund as long as this is within 28 days of delivery, in its original packaging and you have proof of purchase.
There are three easy ways to return your item(s):
- by post
- by courier.
For exchanges or to return an item collected in store, please visit one of our stores.
- You can return any item for free at any of our stores.
- Simply fill in the returns form that came with your order.
- Take this along with your proof of purchase to the store (if your items were delivered you'll have received a proof of purchase email).
- The store will happily refund your payment onto the card you paid with or offer an exchange.
- It's at the store managers' discretion whether to accept a return if you don't have proof of purchase.
If you've lost your returns note you can print another one here.
- To return an item by post you'll need to fill in the return note included with your order or print off a new one here.
- If you've lost your returns note all the information you need to fill in the returns form can be found in your invoice.
- Please try to use the original packaging when sending your items back and make sure it's securely packaged; Halfords cannot be held responsible for any damage during posting.
- Attach the return address label included with your delivery.
- Make sure you take your parcel to your local Post Office in enough time for it to get to us within 28 days of you receiving your order.
- Please note returns made by post are at the customers' own expense.
- We recommend using a trackable service and getting proof of postage.
- Please keep your proof of postage until we've confirmed your refund has been processed.
- For larger products (such as adult bikes, tool chests and roof boxes) we offer a courier collection service.
- A £7 charge applies for this service.
- To request this service, please contact Customer Services on 0345 504 53 53 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the following:
- Collections require a minimum of two working days' notice.
- Someone will need to be available to sign at the time of collection.
- Collections can only be made Monday - Friday (excluding Bank Holidays).
- Collection will take place between 9am and 6pm (we're afraid exact times can't be given).
- Please re-pack the item(s) securely for courier transport. (All cycles must be un-built and boxed for return.)
- We'll aim to refund you as soon as possible, but will refund your account within 30 days.
- If an item's faulty it's best to return it to a store, as this is the quickest way to receive your refund.
- If you're unable to return a faulty item to your local store please contact us.
Faulty items will be examined either by ourselves or the manufacturer. Where applicable a refund will be sent to your account within 30 days.
When returning items for a refund that were bought online as part of a 'Buy One, Get One Free' offer, 'Buy One, Get One Half Price' offer, '3 for 2' offer, or a 'Buy, Get a Free' offer, all of the items involved in the offer must be returned.
Please note, personalised products and made-to-order products cannot be returned unless faulty.
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Halfords Marketplace Returns
How do I return something I've bought from an Approved Partner?
Each Approved Partner has their own Terms & Conditions when it comes to returning and refunding items. To find out what these are please contact the partner which you have purchased from.
Please note that items bought from an Approved Partner can't be returned to a Halfords store.
Can I return an item if I bought it from an Approved Partner more than 28 days ago?
Whilst Halfords offers a 28 day returns policy on products in their original packaging (alongside proof of purchase), our Approved Partners will have their own returns and refund policies.
Our Approved Partners are required to meet trading standards, but are not required to follow the Halfords 28 day returns policy. Please contact the approved partner which you purchased from to read their Terms & Conditions.
Once you've contacted an Approved Partner, they'll need to respond to you within three working days. If they haven't acknowledged your email within three days, please contact Halfords Customer Services. You'll need to send us the order number and the dates on which you contacted the seller and we'll look into this for you.
Please don't contact Customer Services without first trying to contact the Approved Partner.