Paying by credit
- We accept payment by most major credit or debit cards registered at UK addresses.
- Please ensure that the expiry date of your credit/debit card is after the anticipated despatch date of your order. Payment will be debited from your account just before the despatch of your goods, and if your payment card has expired, we will be unable to take payment and fulfil your order. (UK only)
- We regret that we are unable to accept payment by Cash, Halfords Gift Vouchers, High Street Vouchers, Purchase Orders or any other form of payment other than credit or debit cards when shopping online.
Validation Checks (UK only)
All credit and charge card holders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by your card issuer.
- If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery.
- In the interests of preventing fraudulent use of credit, debit and charge cards, we will validate the names, addresses and other information supplied during the order process against commercially available records (e.g Electoral Roll data, Credit Reference Services).
- We may instruct a third party to complete these checks. By ordering from our website www.halfords.com you consent to such checks being made.
- We may need to contact you by letter, telephone or email to verify details before we are able to process and dispatch your order or we may be unable to accept your order.
- Any information you give us may be disclosed to a registered Credit Reference Agency which may keep a record of the information. All information provided will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. These measures are taken as extra protection for you, to ensure your online shopping experience with us is as safe and secure as possible.
The majority of card issuers cover all the charges that may result from unauthorised use of your credit card or debit cards, but some may limit your liability to £50. If you believe your credit or debit card has been subject to unauthorised use you should contact your card issuer without delay.
Paypal as a Payment Method (UK only)
How does it work?
It is simple, on the payment page, select Paypal as your chosen payment methods and you will be directed to a log on screen. Once you have logged on, you will see all your order details and be asked to confirm payment. On confirming payment you will then be presented with your order confirmation page on Halfords.com.
You will receive an email from Halfords.com confirming your order, and two further emails from Paypal, one notifying that you have authorised a payment on your Paypal account, and one to confirm payment once we have dispatched the order.
Please note that Paypal can only be used as a payment method for orders for home/work delivery.
How do I get a refund?
Paypal as a payment type will be shown on all documentation sent to you from Hafords.com. So all you need to do is present your proof of purchase in store.
When you call Customer Services to arrange your return, they will be able to see that your payment was made via Paypal and we will refund your account on receipt of the returned goods.
Terms and Conditions
Further Terms and Conditions on Purchasing with Paypal can be found at www.paypal.co.uk
You can purchase goods using your debit/credit card and we use the following system to help ensure your security is protected:
The security code is the three or four digit number printed on your debit/credit card giving increased protection against credit card fraud.
The number is not embossed on your card, so it cannot be printed on receipts - making it difficult for anyone other than the genuine cardholder to know it.
Verified By Visa - What Is It?
Verified by Visa is a simple password-protected identity checking service that improves security for our customers shopping online.
It is an extra step in the online checkout procedure, and is designed to stop unauthorised purchases and makes your online shopping even more secure.
What Do I Have To Do?
All you have to do is sign up for the service with the bank or organisation that issues your card. Once you register with Verified by Visa, you receive your personal message and then have to create a password.
Every time you buy something online from Halfords, you’ll be asked for your password along with your card number before you complete the transaction.
Comodo EV SSL
Halfords.com is secured by Comodo EV SSL to protect your personal and credit card information with the highest level of data privacy and security and to verify that Halfords.com has been validated as an authenticated business.
Online Payment Security and Data Privacy
Halfords take your online payment security very seriously and promise to protect your personal and credit card information with the highest level of data privacy and security.
We understand that you may be concerned about the security and privacy of online transactions. We hope this page will provide reassurance that your valuable data, such as credit card and personal details, are protected from prying eyes.
How do you secure my payments?
We employ data encryption to ensure safe and secure transactions on our site. Our payment area is secured using 128 bit encryption across a Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). An SSL means that all of your personal information - credit card details, name, address - is encoded when it's sent to us. This encryption ensures that no one can read it as it travels over the Internet.
You'll know when you enter this area because the small yellow padlock appears in the bottom right hand corner of your browser. The other indication is in the address bar. When you enter the secure area of the site, the background of the address bar in Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.0 and Opera 9.5, will turn green or yellow and will display a padlock symbol. You'll also notice that http:// is replaced by https:// (the 's' standing for 'Secure').
Your internet browser provides visual indications that you are inside a secure site and that all data transferred is securely encrypted.
What is SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer, SSL, is the standard security technology for creating an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This link ensures that all data passed between our web server and your browser remains private and secure. This system is used by websites worldwide to secure internet transactions between the server and the customer.
In order to be able to generate an SSL link (signified by the gold padlock in the information tool bar), a web server requires an SSL Certificate.
Extended Validation SSL Offers Extra Protection
Our Extended Validation SSL certificates are provided by a world class Certificate Authority, Comodo. Apart from the highest level of data encryption, High Assurance certificates validate that a company is a legally accountable organization with articles of incorporation and that the site has been verified as an authenticated business. The EV SSL validation process is the most extensive and rigorous in the Industry. Comodo are Web Trust compliant, meaning that their business practices and processes have been rigorously audited to AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) guidelines by an independent approved auditor (KPMG).
Comodo only provide High Assurance Certificates.
To find out more about EV SSL or Comodo, please visit www.comodogroup.com
UK's biggest car parts range at rock bottom trade prices!
Halfords is known for supplying everything you need for your car, but did you know if you’re a mechanic in the motor trade, Halfords Trade Card can now meet your business needs too?
The Trade Card Promise
- Lowest prices guarantee - if you find cheaper than Halfords in your area, we'll match the price!*
- All prices are VAT inclusive - what you see is what you pay
- UK's biggest car parts range - millions of car part fitments available!**
- We're open when others aren't - 7 days a week, up to 8pm on most days***
*If you can buy the same car part cheaper within 7 days and within 20 miles of the store, we'll match the price (excludes internet and mail orders).
**Subject to parts being in stock at the suppliers, limited availability on Saturday and excludes Sundays.
***Except high street stores. Please see your local store for opening hours.
Halfords Trade Card Benefits
Take a look below for all the great benefits the Halfords Trade Card can offer you:
- Trade prices - exclusively for cardholders
Halfords Trade Card entitles you to exclusive trade prices on thousands of car parts, workshop tools, metal storage and engine oils. What's more, all prices are VAT inclusive - so what you see is what you pay.
- Lowest trade price guarantee
We won’t be beaten on our trade prices. We are confident you won’t find trade prices lower in your area – and if you do, we’ll match them on the spot!*
- Quality parts
Big name brands such as Ferodo and Bosch as well as our own range of Halfords parts, all manufactured to original equipment standards.
- UK's biggest car parts range**
Halfords can supply over half a million car parts to cover an extensive range of petrol and diesel cars on the UK’s roads – up to 98% in many product areas – including leading brands.
- Put us to the test
Let your local store know what part you need and we’ll quote you on our seriously low trade prices!
Next Steps - How to apply for the Halfords Trade Card
You can apply to become a Trade Card member at any Halfords store*** - click here to find your nearest one. Just bring in one of the qualifying criteria below (along with proof of signature) to obtain a trade card from the parts desk.
You'll need to present one of the following in store (along with proof of your signature) to prove you are a mechanic and in one of the roles listed below:
- NVQ or City & Guilds Motor Trade qualification
- Business card stating that you have your own mechanics business
- Motor trade college enrolment certificate
- REME certificate
- CAA Certificate or airside engineering pass or Aircraft Engineering Maintenance Licence
- College ID stating you are a motor vehicle lecturer (or a lecturer for any of the job roles listed below)
Eligible Job Roles
- Qualified mechanic
- Self-employed mechanic
- Mobile mechanic
- Small independent garage mechanic
- Semi-skilled mechanic from Fast Fit Centres
- Commercial vehicle mechanic
- Police, fire or ambulance mechanic
- Bus mechanic
- Local authority mechanic
- Recovery mechanic
College motor vehicle staff
- College apprentice mechanic
- Army mechanic
- RAF or aviation engineer
As a Trade Card member you may receive regular mailings with details of our latest deals, exclusive offers and money off vouchers to spend in-store. So apply today, and you could soon be enjoying the benefits of being 'in the trade'!
Lost your trade card and need a replacement?
Should you require a replacement card for any reason you'll need re-apply for a card at your nearest store (and show proof that you still meet the requirements listed above). Unfortunately there is no facility to replicate cards or to post them directly to you from our central office.
Part of a group of 20 technicians or more?
If you work in a garage/motor vehicle workshop and you and your colleagues meet the qualifying criteria above then you can arrange a visit from a trade manager who will issue your cards. Please only use this voicemail number for a workshop visit of 20+ technicians. Unfortunately we're unable to respond to any other enquiries via this messaging service.
Simply call 01527 513384 and leave a message - you'll then be contacted within 10 working days to discuss a suitable time for us to come and visit you.
Remember - we're ready when you are!
- Open 7 days a week
- Late night opening until 8pm most days***
- Open every day, including all National Bank Holidays, except Christmas Day
*** Except high street stores. Please see your local store for details.
Gift Card Information
- Gift cards are available to purchase in-store and offer even more flexibility, making the perfect gift.
- You can purchase gift cards with a pre-set amount of £25 (€25), or add any amount you like up to the value of £1,000 (€1,000).
- Gift cards can be purchased or redeemed in any of our stores*. Click here to find your local store.
- Cards can be used to purchase goods of a higher value on payment of the difference.
- If a gift card is used to purchase goods of a lower value, the difference remains on the card and can be used at a later date.
*Unfortunately Halfords Gift cards are not available to redeem online or in our Autocentres.
Check your Gift Card Balance
Not sure how much money you have left to spend? Find out online! Simply click on the link and type in your gift card number to check your balance.
What is Halfords fleetcard?
Put simply, Halfords fleetcard is a way of reducing admin and costs when running a fleet!
Halfords fleetcard allows employees from participating companies to purchase items from a pre-agreed list of products. This results in centralised payments which mean that businesses no longer have to go through the hassle of processing individual expense claims.
Who can use Halfords fleetcard?
The Halfords fleetcard service can be used by any fleet company of any size. What's more, once your credit account has been approved, there are no set up fees - and no minimum order value.
Halfords fleetcard is ideal for small ad-hoc purchases like wiper blades and headlight bulbs. With over 2,000 trained store colleagues capable of fitting these consumable items, no booking or invoice fee, and a dedicated fleetcard support team, we can ensure that we're able to meet your needs as a fleetcard customer.
Huge choice of products
As a fleetcard customer, you'll have access to over 10,000 product lines (many of which are vehicle-related), as well as parts and our on-demand product fitting services.
You can use your fleetcard in any Halfords retails shop nationwide (including ROI). Most of our shops are open 7 days a week and until 8pm on weekdays*, making them a really convenient option for drivers who need goods and services outside of standard hours. You can also take advantage of our free Click & Collect service to reserve goods in-store for even speedier collection.
*Except high street stores. Please see your local store for opening hours.
For added peace of mind, fleetcard card security is protected by up to ten validation fields chosen by your business (such as car registration number, purchase order number etc.) - as well as identification. In addition to this, you can place a restriction on the number of items or the value of each transaction to help protect against misuse and control costs.
Simple admin-free solution
Halfords fleetcard has been designed specifically to help reduce vehicle off-road (VOR) time, as well as lowering admin fees associated with booking in service jobs (such as bulb replacement or processing expense claims). Invoicing is consolidated and supported with transactional data providing you with robust MI. This more efficient system can help support you as a fleet manager to reduce costs and admin.
Want to find out more about Halfords fleetcard?
Contact Halfords Business Services on 08450 778851, or email email@example.com