Halfords Clear Lacquer 500ml
Halfords clear lacquer
The Halfords Clear Lacquer uses an advanced acrylic based formula to provide a tough, durable high gloss protective finish on painted surfaces.
A clear lacquer must be used on metallic and pearlescent paints to achieve the best finish and correct colour match.
Features & Benefits of halfords clear lacquer
- Must be used on metallic and pearlescent paint
- Achieves the best finish and correct colour match
- Compatible with virtually all types of automotive paint finishes
- Can be used on cellulose finishes
- All our clear lacquers contain UV inhibitors / filters as they significantly extend the life of the coating
Halfords also supply a Petrol Resistant Lacquer, specially formulated for motorcycle petrol tanks etc.
Warnings!Please click here for Health and Safety information.
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
Three coats of lacquer should be easily enough to achieve a deep gloss finish.
Clear lacquer (or high gloss finishes) are sensitive towards humid or damp conditions, and will absorb moisture on drying. This will be exaggerated if heavy coats are applied.
To rectify (ensure the existing paint is fully dry), lightly flat with 1200 grade wet & dry paper and overcoat with a further 2 to 3 light coats of lacquer allowing at least 15 minutes between coats. Ensure the ambient conditions are dry and relatively warm, i.e.15 deg C+.
standard lacquer should be OK for this application.
Black is "plasti-kote" (3-4 coats) upto 30 mins between each coat. left overnight before lacquer
Thin coats each time
never wrinkled going from primer to black but it does from black to lacquer
If its another brand of paint it may not be compatible, particularly if its an alkyd of some type.
How many coats of primer and black have been used?
How long was left between each coat?
If lots of very thick coats have been applied it could be a case of solvent entrapment but this tends to cause pin-holing rather than wrinkling.
|Mainland UK||Estimated Delivery||Price|
|Reserve & Collect||Reserve online and collect in-store in only an hour||FREE|
If the product you are looking at is in stock in your chosen store you can reserve it online and it will be ready to collect in only 1 hour. If it is not in stock, order the product before 3pm Monday to Friday and it will be ready to collect from 1pm the following day including Saturday. Orders placed on Saturday will be ready for collection after 1pm Monday. Orders placed Sunday will be ready for collection after 1pm Tuesday.
We can deliver to your home, work or to an alternate delivery address.
Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail or by Courier depending on the size of the item. Some orders may require a signature on receipt.
We hope you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, you are welcome to return your items free of charge to any Halfords store within 28 days of delivery.
If you wish to return by post, or would like to arrange for a collection please see our full details on how to return an item.
You May Also Like
- Halfords Enamel Spray Paint Workshop Red 300ml (0) £7.99 Reserve or Buy
- Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Smooth Black 2.5L (0) £39.99 Reserve or Buy
- Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered Blue 750ml (0) £14.39 Reserve or Buy
- Hammerite Garage Door Paint White 750ml (2) £11.19 Reserve or Buy
- Hammerite Direct to Rust Metal Paint Hammered Black 750ml (0) £14.39 Reserve or Buy