Halfords Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Strap Fitting
Spend £100 save £10
Spend £150 save £15
Spend £250 save £25
Discount applied at the basket
The Halfords Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Strap Fitting is a great value 3 bike carrier that comes fully assembled and holds the bikes in place with strong textile straps.
FREE Reserve & Collect in-store in only an hour
Not available for delivery
- Professional fitting from only £12.99
- Demo so you can do it yourself
Halfords Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Strap Fitting Product Description
The Halfords Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Strap Fitting offers the convenience of coming already fully assembled with an advanced ratchet system which allows for frame manipulation, making it easy to fit the carrier as well as fold flat when you need to store it away.
The integral red cycle retaining straps of the cycle carrier are very important as they help to prevent the movement of the cycles during transit, keeping them in a safe position so they do not damage your car. The carrier's high density foam pads then help to protect the cycles from the carrier contact.
Features and Benefits of Halfords Rear High Mount 3 Cycle Carrier Strap Fitting
- Carries 3 bikes
- Comes fully assembled
- Advanced ratchet system for frame manipulation
- Glass edge anchors included
- Advanced cycle locators
- Integral red cycle retaining straps
- 6 car attachment straps
- Quick release ratchet adjustment
- High density foam pads
- Holds cycles above lights and number plates on most vehicles
- High mount - no lighting board required (this will only be required if your existing lights/number plates are obscured)
Why buy Halfords?
For a reliable cycle carrier at a down to earth price point, look no further than the Halfords range! Halfords offers a variety of types of cycle carrier, including roof mounted, rear mounted and tow bar mounted. This means that over 95% of cars can find a suitable cycle carrier within the Halfords range.
Why Buy a Rear Mounted Carrier?
There are several types of rear mounted cycle carriers that attach to the back of your car using a variety of fitting methods, such as strap, clamp or using your vehicle towbars. They are ideal if your roof is being used to carry other items such as a roof box.
Will this carrier fit my car?
- Not suitable for vehicles with modifications E.g. Rear spoilers
- Not suitable for sports cars due to lightweight or composite body panels
- Not suitable for cabriolet vehicles due to complex hood folding mechanisms
- Not suitable for vehicles with side opening or split tailgates
To ensure full compliance with road traffic regulations the use of a lighting board/number plate is required if your vehicle's existing lights/number plate are obscured by this carrier. This is particularly important for vehicles with high mounted rear lights.
Fitting Do's And Don'ts
- Try to position the bottom tube onto the top of the bumper, or in the number plate recess.
- Always position the top tube onto suitable bodywork, or on the edges of the rear window
- Always ensure that the cycle support arms are tilted slightly upwards
- Do not mount directly onto or against a spoiler
- Do not position the top tube in the centre of the rear window
- Thread underneath high mount spoilers if possible
- Do not use panel hooks on glass or composite edges
- Position the side straps so that they are the shortest distance between the cambuckle and the side edge
- Do not use panel hooks on glass or composite edges
- Attach to a suitable chassis point (e.g towing eye, steel chassis section, bumper support)
- Never attach to edge of bumper
- Never attach to edge of boot
- Never position straps near to or in contact with exhaust
To download a copy of the Fitting Instructions click here
- Max. number of bikes carried: 3
- Type of cycle carrier: Rear Mounted
- Load capacity (kg): 45kg
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
thanks in advance
|Mainland UK||Estimated Delivery||Price|
|Reserve & Collect||Reserve online and collect in-store in only an hour||FREE|
If the product you are looking at is in stock in your chosen store you can reserve it online and it will be ready to collect in only 1 hour. If it is not in stock, order the product before 3pm Monday to Friday and it will be ready to collect from 1pm the following day including Saturday. Orders placed on Saturday will be ready for collection after 1pm Monday. Orders placed Sunday will be ready for collection after 1pm Tuesday.
We can deliver to your home, work or to an alternate delivery address.
Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail or by Courier depending on the size of the item. Some orders may require a signature on receipt.
We hope you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, you are welcome to return your items free of charge to any Halfords store within 28 days of delivery.
If you wish to return by post, or would like to arrange for a collection please see our full details on how to return an item.
Price when bought separately £70.98
Price when bought separately £66.98
Price when bought separately £79.98
You May Also Like
- Thule 9403 3 Bike Tow Bar Carrier (238) £159.99 Reserve or Buy
- MAXXRAXX 4 Bike Discovery Cycle Carrier (0) £199.99 Reserve or Buy
- Avenir Colorado Bike Cycle Carrier (0) £80.99 View details
- Avenir Arizona 3 Bike Cycle Carrier (0) £119.99 Reserve or Buy
- Avenir Idaho 2-Bike Spare Tyre Fitting Rack (0) £119.99 View details