Halfords 4x4 Spare Wheel Cycle Carrier
The Halfords 4x4 Spare Wheel Cycle Carrier allows 4x4 drivers to carry their bikes on the rear mounted spare wheel, and will hold up to 2 bikes.
FREE Reserve & Collect in-store in only an hour
Not available for delivery
- Professional fitting from only £12.99
- Demo so you can do it yourself
Halfords 4x4 Spare Wheel Cycle Carrier Product Description
The Halfords 4x4 Spare Wheel Cycle Carrier is a secure way for 4x4 drivers to carry bikes on the rear mounted spare wheel . The carrier is simple and easy to fit onto your spare wheel, by firstly removing any wheel cover you may have and ensuring the maximum dimensions of the tyre are 70cm in diameter and 25cm in width.
The spare wheel is protected by the carriers high density foam pads. And the carrier itself is also adjustable to fit around centre, left or right hand mounted spare wheels.
Features and Benefits of Halfords 4x4 Spare Wheel Cycle Carrier
- Carries up to 2 bikes
- Comes fully assembled
- Secure way for 4x4 drivers to carry bikes on the rear mounted spare wheel
- Leaves the roof free to carry other loads such as roof boxes
- High density foam pads protect your spare wheel
- Adjustable for centre, left or right hand mounted spare wheels
- Advanced ratchet system for frame manipulation, providing easy fitting
- Advanced cycle locators
- Quick release ratchet adjustment, making fitting quick and easy
- Simple 2 strap fitment to spare wheel
- Carrier will fit tyre with maximum dimensions: 70cm diameter and 25cm width
Why buy Halfords?
Halfords offers a super range of cycle carriers, designed to allow you to reliably carry your bike on your car. Halfords offer a wide variety of cycle carriers including tow bar mounted, rear mounted and roof mounted meaning that over 95% of cars can find a suitable cycle carrier within the range that Halfords offer.
Why Buy a 4X4 Mount Cycle Carrier?
A 4x4 Mount Cycle Carrier makes use of the spare wheel on the rear of your vehicle. It allows you to leave the roof of your car free should you need to use it for a roof box or other types of equipment.
Will this carrier fit my car?
This type of carrier will be suitable for your car provided you have a fully inflated spare wheel on the rear of your 4x4 vehicle.
Fitting Do's and Don'ts
- Adjust cycle support arms such that cycles are positioned centrally at the rear of the vehicle
- Mount the carrier directly to the spare wheel
- Do not open rear door when cycles are fitted
- Do not fit over hard or fabric wheel covers
- Do not drive "off road" with cycle carrier fitted
- Position the side straps so that they fit centrally around the circumference of the spare tyre
- Where possible, thread the bottom strap through the spare wheel mounting bracket
To ensure full compliance with road traffic regulations the use of a lighting board/number plate is required if your vehicle's existing lights/number plate are obscured by this carrier. This is particularly important for vehicles with high mounted rear lights.
- Load capacity (kg): 30kg
- Max. number of bikes carried: 2
- Type of cycle carrier: Spare Wheel Mounted
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
The distance between the spare wheel and the caravan/trailer, (Gas bottle holders sometimes fitted to the A-frame greatly reduce this.) Turning circles can be limited by fitting 2 bikes between the spare wheel and caravan. Also, please be aware of the jockey wheel post interfering with the items being carried. The nose weight on your vehicle will increase by up to 35kg.
|Mainland UK||Estimated Delivery||Price|
|Reserve & Collect||Reserve online and collect in-store in only an hour||FREE|
If the product you are looking at is in stock in your chosen store you can reserve it online and it will be ready to collect in only 1 hour. If it is not in stock, order the product before 3pm Monday to Friday and it will be ready to collect from 1pm the following day including Saturday. Orders placed on Saturday will be ready for collection after 1pm Monday. Orders placed Sunday will be ready for collection after 1pm Tuesday.
We can deliver to your home, work or to an alternate delivery address.
Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail or by Courier depending on the size of the item. Some orders may require a signature on receipt.
We hope you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, you are welcome to return your items free of charge to any Halfords store within 28 days of delivery.
If you wish to return by post, or would like to arrange for a collection please see our full details on how to return an item.
Price when bought separately £95.98
Price when bought separately £96.98
You May Also Like
- Thule 9403 3 Bike Tow Bar Carrier (239) £159.99 Reserve or Buy
- Halfords Advanced Foldable 4 Bike Tow Bar Cycle Carrier (17) £229.99 Reserve or Buy
- Halfords 4 Bike Tow Bar Cycle Carrier (50) £179.99 Reserve or Buy
- MAXXRAXX 2 Bike 4x4 Cycle Carrier (0) £174.99 Reserve or Buy
- MAXXRAXX 4 Bike Discovery Cycle Carrier (0) £199.99 Reserve or Buy