Halfords Rapid Digital Tyre Inflator
Another excellent product
Fabulous! My neighbour used it before I did and will buy his own!
18 July 2012
Neat and compact
I needed an inflator capable of delivering higher than normal pressures. This one seemed to answer my needs, and has proved efficient and effective
04 May 2012
Bought this and found it difficult to get it going and set the pressure.
Took longer than 3 mins to inflate a half flat caravan tyre.
I then tried it on the car and it broke.
The motor is running but the compressor isn't working and there are parts rattling around inside.
Total usage time, 8 mins.
It will be going straight back......
30 April 2012
I found immediately that this gave changing pressure readings on the same tyre. When I checked the readings they were different from a standard footpump and from a hand guage. It's also very difficult and unreliable to adjust the pressure. Unless your car has very small tyres the hose is too short to enable the unit to sit on the ground!
19 March 2012
This tyre inflater proved a lifesaver when I found myself with a flat tyre and without my mobile phone to call for help. The huge Landrover Discovery tyre was inflated within 3 minutes with no problems at all. Would definitely recommend. When I purchased it - it was on sale which was great value for money.
03 March 2012
does everything the product description said.
BUT i found it took 7 minutes to inflate a totally flat tyre to 40 psi not three as in the description (but still a lot faster than my old one). plan to purchase a second one for my bosses taxi.
28 January 2012
It doesn't really do the job it was made for
The pressure hose is too short and you can't stand this thing on the floor.
The pressure can't be pre-set in advance until pressure is detected, its supposed to flash, 3 out of 4 times it did not and I could not set the wanted pressure.
It gave different readings for the same tyre on re-connection
In the end, I took it back and used a garage pump for 50p instead.
I've used other units which are so much more logical and easier to use.
04 January 2012
Awkward to use, difficult to set
I had to take it back.
- Pressures - 3 substantially different readings each time on the same tyre.
- Pressure hose too short to reach to the ground, needs a hand to hold it, hand to screw it on and another to attempt to adjust, very awkward.
- Screw connection leaks when pump is moved, a quick fit cam connection would be more sensible.
- 12v lead too short, tricky on an MPV, have to pass through open windows to reach tyres.
- Pressure adjustment - well I tried on 2 tyres, 3 times each and could never get the thing to adjust the pressure, power only comes on when pressure is detected, supposed to flash to indicate adjustment period - well it flashes, but the pressure does not adjust, nor will it when display is static.
Weirdly I kept get different pressures on the tyres and it kept re-setting to psi, when I wanted Bar readings (French car - table in Bar, I could calculate - why why should I need to?
Strangely - the price on this site went up ten nicker the day after I took it back - I suspect its so it can be reduced and called a price drop - despicable behaviour.
27 December 2011