Boardman Road Race Bike 2012/2013 - Medium 53cm
The Boardman Road Race provides inspiring performance at a great price using lightweight aluminium and carbon fibre materials with Shimano Sora components.
Not available for collection in store
Not available for delivery
- Free in-store build & inspection
- Free 6 week first service (excludes Trax bikes)
"You cannot go wrong with this race-ready machine." 9 out of 10, June 2011
Boardman Road Race Product Description
Providing a fantastic entry level into the Boardman branded road bike range, the Boardman Medium Road Race Bike offers a lightweight triple butted aluminium frame with a full carbon fibre fork and quality Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing. Ideal for those looking to get involved in serious road riding for excellent value for money.
Boardman bikes are inspired and developed by Olympic Champion cyclist Chris Boardman. Chris Boardman has described the Boardman road range as- "Taking all the experience from my own pro career alongside input from Olympic, World and National Champion riders, these bikes have been designed with one goal in mind...performance. Whether you compete on the world stage or in your local sportive you too can share the same experience."
Features & Benefits of the Boardman Road Race
- Lightweight fully triple-butted aluminium frame for faster climbing and improved power transfer
- Lightweight carbon fibre fork with carbon steerer for accurate steering and absorption of road vibrations
- Boardman finishing kit including anatomically shaped handlebars
- Mavic CXP-22s rims
- FSA Vero compact chainset provides lower gear ratios for tackling hills with a higher cadence
- Shimano Sora 18 speed gearing for reliable shifting performance
- Powerful dual pivot Tektro brakes
Trade up to the Boardman Road Comp model for a tapered headtube to give a more connected ride and SRAM Apex 20 speed gearset
Sizing Guide for the Boardman Road Race
About the Boardman Brand
Chris Boardman MBE is an Olympic, Triple World Champion and World Record Holder who has excelled at the highest levels within cycling and he remains at the heart of British cycling today. He is often cited as being an inspiration to the current generation of successful cyclists and continues a passion for cycling seeing its positive impacts on the nation and the environment. He wants as many people as possible to share in his passion and experience the thrill of cycling for themselves. Boardman Bikes keep their three key values at the forefront of their minds when improving your riding experience, looking for the highest level of performance, utilising great design and maintaining a superior quality which makes Boardman Bikes and Accessories a real must-have brand for cycling enthusiasts.
- Approximate Weight (KG): 9.34
- Brake Type: Dual Pivot Caliper Brake
- Chainset: FSA Vero compact crank 50/34T
- Forks: Full Carbon
- Frame Colour: Dark Blue
- Frame Material: Alloy
- Frame-: Lightweight 7005 triple butted aluminium frame
- Front Brake: Tektro Dual pivot
- Front Mech: Shimano Sora
- Gear Shifters: Shimano Sora
- Gender: Mens
- Handle Bars: Boardman alloy anatomic
- Headset: FSA Orbit 1.1/8 Aheadset
- Hubs: Formula 32 hole Q/R disc hub
- Number of Gears: 18
- Pedals: Wellgo alloy body fitted with toe clips & straps
- Rear Brake: Tektro Dual pivot
- Rear Mech: Shimano Sora
- Rims: 700c Mavic CXP-22s black 32 hole disc rim with CNC braking surface
- Saddle: Boardman black with cro-moly rails
- Seatpost: Boardman 350mm x 31.6mm black alloy
- Stem: Boardman black alloy 31.8mm
- Tyre size: 25c
- Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro 700x25c
- Wheel Size: 700c
- Frame Size (cm): 53 - 54
- Cassette: 12-26T
- Exact Frame Size: 53cm
- Geometry: Semi Compact
Ask your questions. Share your answers.
I want to get some spare inner tubes. The spec for this bike says tryes are Vitttoria 700 x 2c but it clearly says 700 x 23c on my tyres
|Not available for collection in store or delivery|
If the product you are looking at is in stock in your chosen store you can reserve it online and it will be ready to collect in only 1 hour. If it is not in stock, order the product before 3pm Monday to Friday and it will be ready to collect from 1pm the following day including Saturday. Orders placed on Saturday will be ready for collection after 1pm Monday. Orders placed Sunday will be ready for collection after 1pm Tuesday.
We can deliver to your home, work or to an alternate delivery address.
Your order will be delivered by Royal Mail or by Courier depending on the size of the item. Some orders may require a signature on receipt.
We hope you are happy with your purchase. If for any reason you are not, you are welcome to return your items free of charge to any Halfords store within 28 days of delivery.
If you wish to return by post, or would like to arrange for a collection please see our full details on how to return an item.
You May Also Like
- Pinarello FP Due Matt Black Road Bike 51cm (0) £2,349.99 Reserve or Buy
- Pinarello FP Due Road Bike Matt Black 44cm (0) £2,349.99 Reserve or Buy
- Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Road Bike 55cm (0) £1,999.99 View details
- Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Road Bike 53cm (0) £1,999.99 Reserve or Buy
- Pinarello FP Uno Carbon Road Bike 51cm (0) £1,999.99 Reserve or Buy