Your Free Car Health Check
FREE check and refreshments to families at Dover
Find out about how you can keep your car healthy with Halfords' free car health check.
For most people, keeping on top of your car's maintenance isn't easy, especially if you've got a lot of things on your plate or you're not confident in what you're doing. But Halfords can help; our fully-trained team can give your car a free health check to make sure it's in top condition. There's no need to book - just turn up. We'll even top up your screen wash for free!
What do we check?
With a Halfords' car health check we look at 6 things:
- Windscreen wipers
- Windscreen chip check
- Oil levels
- Air conditioning
- And we'll top up your screenwash for free
Why do we check these areas?
These areas are the most likely to have problems, and they're crucial to your car's performance as well as your safety. It's important to know that:
- A battery failure is one of the main reasons why people call a breakdown service, so looking after your battery will save you both time and money.
- Driving with broken or faulty lights is illegal - and dangerous!
- Healthy wipers and plenty of screen wash are vital for a crystal-clear view.
- Poor visibility is the last thing you want to worry about when driving, especially in bad weather.
- Your car needs oil just as much as it needs fuel. Too much or too little can cause some serious damage.
- Your air con loses charge every year, eventually leaving you with a hot and stuffy car in the warmer months.
Keeping your car healthy with Halfords
We've got everything you could need to look after your vehicle; from accessories and equipment through to replacement parts and tools. You'll find the right battery, bulb, blade or oil online but we're also on hand to give you any advice - just pop into your local Halfords store and speak to one of the team.