Policies & Regulations
Terms and Conditions
These are Halfords Limited's (Halfords, we or us) terms for the provision of wireless and broadband communication services which allow you to access the internet via our WiFi networks (our service) when you are either located within or close to any of the participating Halfords stores. You should understand that by using our service, you agree to be bound by these terms.
Please read these terms carefully. By choosing "Register" on your mobile phone you will choose to use our service. If you do not accept these terms, you will not be permitted to use our service.
Provision of the Service
It is your responsibility to ensure that your mobile device is compatible with our service and is switched on. The availability and performance of our service is subject to all memory, storage and any other limitations in your mobile device. Our service is only available to your mobile device when it is within the operating range of participating Halfords stores. Our service is subject to non-availability, including non-availability due to emergencies, collocation failures, transmission and equipment limitations, or maintenance and repair, and may be interrupted, refused, limited or curtailed.
Halfords are not responsible for data, messages, or pages that you may lose or that become misdirected because of interruptions or performance issues with our service or wireless communications networks generally. Halfords may impose usage, or service limits, suspend service, or block certain kinds of usage in Halfords sole discretion, to protect other users of our service. Network speed is no indication of the speed at which your mobile device or our service sends or receives data. Actual network speed will vary based on configuration, compression and network congestion.
Halfords does not warrant or guarantee the performance of the internet or that the transmission of information over the internet will be secure or that the internet will be accessible at all times. You agree to use these services entirely at your own risk.
Use of the Service
You may access our service in accordance with these terms for your own personal use. You agree not to resell any aspect of our service, whether for profit or otherwise, or to authorise any other third party to use our service. You agree not to use our service for any illegal, fraudulent, obscene, unlawful, harassing, or abusive purpose, including the sending of any unsolicited commercial text or email messages in such a way as to create damage or risk to Halfords' business, reputation, employees, subscribers, customers, facilities, or to the public generally. You agree not to intentionally transmit any computer viruses or do anything that is likely to interfere with the provision of our service.
- if you use any equipment which is defective or illegal;
- if you cause any technical or other problems to our service;
- if, in our opinion, you are involved in fraudulent or unauthorised use of our service;
- if you resell access to our service; or
Privacy and Data Protection
Privacy cannot be guaranteed and Halfords will not be liable to you for any lack of privacy that you experience while using our service.
While we agree to take all necessary technical and organisational steps to ensure the security of our service, we are not responsible for the accidental loss or destruction of any personal data you transmit using our service and we exclude all liability of any kind in relation to the content or security of personal data that you send or receive through our service.
You agree and acknowledge that we may be required by law to provide assistance to law enforcement, governmental agencies and other authorities. Accordingly, you agree:
- that we may implement and maintain an interception capability suitable to meet these requirements where we are obliged by law to ensure or procure that such a capability is implemented and maintained;
- that we may implement and maintain a data retention capability for our service to meet requirements where we are obliged by law to ensure or procure that data is retained; and
- we may at times co-operate with law enforcement authorities and rights-holders in the investigation of any suspected or alleged illegal activity by you. If we are required to do so by law, this may include but is not limited to, disclosure of your contact information to law enforcement authorities or rights-holders.
Halfords' maximum aggregate liability to you for losses or damages suffered in respect of all claims arising in connection with these terms shall not exceed £500.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies hereby expressly exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by you in connection with our service, including: loss of income or revenue; loss of business; loss of profits or contracts; loss of anticipated savings; loss of data; loss of goodwill and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
These terms and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter or formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with these terms.