- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional NBDVR402-GPrepare for the unexpected with the Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional NBDVR402-G which allows you to automatically record every aspect of your journey in 1080 high definition so you can clearly read signs and number plates on the recording. Dash Cams work by recording many 3 minute chapters onto the SD card. On a 32GB card this allows you to store approximately your last 4 hours of journey, then when full the device automatically records over the oldest 3 minute chapter. If you are involved in an accident the dash cam will recognise this with the inbuilt G force sensors automatically lock the 3 minute chapter that you are in and save it so that it cannot be overwritten, even if you continue to drive. You can also lock files manually should you wish to if you see something on the road and wish to keep a record for later.
Click here to view more information on the Nextbase brand
Click here for advice on Dash Cams
Nextbase Dash Cam 402G Professional NBDVR402-G Extra Info
- Bright, clear 2.7 inch 16:9 LED screen for easy viewing
- Instant evidence to support insurance claims to help prove an incident was not your fault
- Please note - requires Micro SD card class 6-10 up to 32GB (not included, but available online & instore)
- 140 degree wide angle view with automatic 1080 High Definition recording at 30 frames per second
- Six-Element Sharp Lenses made with 6 layers of glass to provide stunning clear images
- Built in GPS and G sensor record location and force data
- Wide Dynamic Range image processing ensures clear recordings in bright and dark light
- Parking mode detects motion and automatically records whilst your car is parked
- Photo mode allows you to take still images for further evidence
- Easy to Install with included 12v power cable and window mount
- SOS data protection prevents the impact/event recording from being deleted
- Loop recording feature prevents recording from stopping when the SD card is full
- Dimensions: 11.3 x 6.3 x 3.6 cm (WxHxD)
Click here to find out more about the Nextbase range
Degree of viewing angle: 140° Display Size: 2.7" GPS Logging: Yes Resolution: 1080p Speed Camera Alert: No Type: Dash Cam Wide Camera Angle: 140 degrees Micro SD Included: No Night Vision: Yes Recording Time: 4.3 Hours
Rated 4.4 out of 5Â by 387 reviewers.Rated 3 out of 5Â by porkie27 problem with battery. Bought this camera in february 2015, not been used a lot but the battery has now given up the ghost. When i switch the engine off it seems to go into a cycle of switching itself on and off until the battery finally dies. Also it doesn't seem to save the last file anylonger which is the one you'll need if you have an accident. Great looking camera and lovely clear pictures but the battery system lets it down. 21 September 2016Rated 3 out of 5Â by Smigy Disappointed with this product Bought this product from Halfords in February 2015 went for the high end model as expected the unit to last longer than a cheaper version. Must say it worked well for just over the guarantee period. Then it wouldnâ€™t play all the files, reset, back to factory settings & formatting the SD made no difference, Final straw came last week when debris came off the back of a lorry & smashed the window screen, the one file I needed wouldnâ€™t play. Wouldnâ€™t recommend as failure within 17 months for an expensive dash cam is poor. 15 September 2016Rated 5 out of 5Â by subsearov Best value mid priced camera. Easy to use, great picture quality, good value for money. Fitted quickly and neatly at local Halfords. 15 September 2016Rated 3 out of 5Â by Danlg79 Battery failure after 11 months This was bought on 4th July 2015, for the past 3 months (now September) this unit has been failing to shut down properly, also it no longer loop records, I have to manually format the sd card using the system menu before it will record again. I've only just got around to emailing the support. The unit is out of warranty now but wasn't when it failed, so just waiting on a quote for repair. Up untill a few months ago it was a very god functioning camera, just a shame that as its one of the more expensive units you would expect it to last far longer than 11 months before issues arise. 13 September 2016Rated 5 out of 5Â by BBJB Battery stops working just after a year ..... ..... so warranty is up! Brilliant camera but for the price I paid I'd have expected it to last a lot longer Last recorded file is always corrupted and if your in an accident and you lose power THAT'S the file you need!! #avoid 12 September 2016Rated 1 out of 5Â by CrispyQ Stay away, battery failure! Bought this in June 2015 after reading many reviews. The unit is now 15 months old (out of warranty) and suffering with battery issues, this seems to be a common problem that Nextbase don't seem to want to address. Battery holds no charge and is unable to start recording until I am half a mile up the road, and is then unable to turn itself off correctly. It's goes into a cycle of turning off and then on again until the battery is flat. I advise you to stay well clear of this model, there are more reliable dash cams with better support on the market. 11 September 2016Rated 4 out of 5Â by Maria64 Good little dashcam Bought this dashcam for my husband following the reviews on this site and, so far, can say we are very pleased. Have not played back the recording yet, so cannot comment on that, but the picture quality is good on the screen whilst recording, so fingers crossed. The camera switches on automatically with the ignition but does not switch off, you have to do that manually. This may just be on our particular car as I have read on other reviews that it does both. Overal a neat, compact little dashcam! 21 August 2016Rated 5 out of 5Â by Verified Reviewer Excellent product that saved me money after an accident I have purchased two Nextbase 402G Dash cams from Halfords. They are easy to fit to the windscreen and set up. Once installed the cameras remain in place and automatically turn on when the ignition is switched on. A short while after purchasing the first camera my wife was hit broadside by a vehicle that had jumped a red light. The video from the camera clearly showed my wife stopping at a red light and then proceeding across when the light had changed to green and then being hit from the left by another vehicle. I then sent the video to our insurers who were then able to inform me that they were happy to indicate that it was a "no fault" claim on our insurance and there was no detriment to our insurance premiums. After this incident I then purchased a second camera for our other vehicle. We have found that the cameras are a very valuable asset to both cars and highly recommend them. 27 July 2016
Halfords Price Match
Here at Halfords we always want to make sure we're offering you a first class service and products at competitive prices.
To ensure we keep our Price Promise to not be beaten on cost, we monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
So, What's Halfords Price Guarantee?
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- If purchased from store the match must be from a store within 20 miles radius
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase