Thule 991 Raceway 2 Bike Carrier
Fitted bundle deal
includes Accessories + Fitting
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
Thule 991 Raceway 2 Bike Carrier
10% off all cycle carriers and roof boxes*
*Excludes fully fitted roof box bundle deals
Discount already applied
How can I get it?
FREE Click & Collect
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Thule Raceway 991 2 Bike Cycle Carrier
The Thule Raceway 991 2 Bike Cycle Carrier is one of our strongest, most secure and easy to use rear mount bike carrier (for 2 bikes). Enabling the bikes to be locked to the carrier and the carrier to be locked to the vehicle for maximum security. It's easy to use dial gauge and ratcheting cables make this the ideal profduct for transporting you bikes on the move!
Thule Raceway 991 2 Bike Cycle Carrier Extra Info
- Sure tight steel ratcheting cables provide maximum fastening security to your vehicle
- The Patented fit-dial guarantees the perfect fit to your vehicle
- Molded rubber pads provide firm hold to vehicle and protects against scratches
- Premium cradles with road dampening technology secures the bike to the rack while absorbing road shock
- Narrow cradle arms hold a variety of Bike frames including smaller childrens bikes and fold when not in use
- Folds flat when not in use for easy transport
- Does not fit every car so please use Thule fit guide for information related to spcific models
- Fully City crash tested and carries the Thule 5 year warranty
Load Capacity: 30kg No. of bikes held: 2 Type: Rear Mounted Cycle Carriers Type of cycle carrier: Rear Door Mount Max bike weight: 15kg
Thule 991 Raceway 2 Bike Carrier is rated out of 5 by 8.Rated 4 out of 5 by DaveC45 from Quality carrier Fitting to my Dacia Duster was simple by following the enclosed instructions but because of weight is easier with two people. It may need additional parts for some full sus. mountain bikes. I like the fact that it can be easily adjusted to fit most other vehicles again following the enclosed leaflet. Because it sits on the rear window of this vehicle it is necessary to remove the rear wiper fuse and add a number plate. Despite the quality the cost is a bit too high.Date published: 2017-05-05Rated 5 out of 5 by steve0112 from good quality bike carrier We paid more than we had wanted to on a bike carrier, but it is good quality. We had purchased two previous bike carriers before we got this one. On the instructions our car (ford focus zetec) was not mentioned, but it does fit our car. which is confusing. One previous bike carrier was not ideal for mountain bikes but was for racing bikes. So check your bike frames fits over the carrier prongs. Halfords exchanged the bike carrier with no quibble.Date published: 2016-10-24Rated 5 out of 5 by BabyBlu from Thule 991 Top class. Rock solid holding securely on car. Very quick to fit carrier & bikes.Date published: 2016-10-18Rated 4 out of 5 by Compdoc from Quality but expensive I suppose this is a get what you pay for item. Absolutely top quality but expensive. I know people with cars worth less than this rack. It is top notch though and will probably fit every vehicle you own, now and in the future. Buy the best, buy onceDate published: 2016-09-08Rated 2 out of 5 by Rider11 from Does not fit many bikes I had high hopes that we had finally found a convenient solution for taking our bikes on short trips with the car. What a disappointment! The frame of my carbon road bike was too wide for the cradle, which was unsafe and would have damaged the frame. My full suspension MTB did not fit onto the carrier either. I tried it with a Thule bike frame adapter. This also did not work as the only way to fit it onto the cradle was to fasten the adapter to the seatpost (just below on the frame was impossible) which, again, was not safe. My wife's bike is a women's bike (not a diamond frame). Did the Thule bike frame adapter do the job here? No chance. It was too big and even if it had been the correct size, there was no room just below the seatpost to fasten it. Having said all that, the carrier did sit very securely on both our cars. Halfords could not be faulted in the transaction. The carrier arrived on time and the regrettable return was entirely hasslefree.Date published: 2016-05-12Rated 5 out of 5 by myrtle1958 from fitting of bike rack Thule 991 The bike rack is great, easy to fit and use. The chap (Steve i think) fitted the rack and showed me how to fit it and was really helpful.Date published: 2016-04-28Rated 5 out of 5 by Tikethebike from An excellent well made product. Quick and easy to fit. Bikes easily mounted and locked on.Date published: 2016-02-26Rated 3 out of 5 by Andy70 from Thule Raceway 2 bike carrier Having tried and looked into several bike carriers this one seemed the best one so far, but expensive. Unfortunately I found the tie securing mechanism a ratcheted tightening and loosening system kept jamming up I was there unable to secure the rack to my car and on another occasion could only get it off with great difficulty. Exchanged rack for a new one same problem on the left side securing mechanism. Returned rack and obtained a refund. Full marks for the Uxbridge Halfords staff for their sympathetic assistance.Date published: 2015-10-03
FREE delivery on all orders over £40
FREE Standard Delivery on all orders over £40
Offer not available on products sold by our Approved Partners
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase