Sports GPS Buyers Guide + Video
Find out more about the different types of sports GPS and how they can help you push your performance to the next level.
Sports GPS Buyer's Guide
GPS has a wide range of uses in sport, and is a popular way for people to track their performance when training.
GPS technology is extremely useful for all sorts of sports & outdoor activities because it lets you monitor your position as well as other key info such as speed, distance, and pace. Some sports GPS products also show you other useful data, such as heart rate and calories burned.
Types of Sports GPS
GPS Running Watches
Worn just like a normal wristwatch, GPS running watches can track how far and how fast you've run.
- Accurately record time, distance and pace
- Save training data on an internal memory
- Create workouts or race against previous lap times
- Upload data onto your PC and share your progress with other runners online
GPS Cycle Computers
GPS Bike Computers mount onto your handlebars and provide lots of handy info to help you get the most out of every ride.
- Track time, distance, speed, cadence, location and calories burned
- Store your ride data and review it later
- Some advanced models can be used as a bike sat nav to help you find your way
Golf GPS systems provide all sorts of useful information to help improve your game when you're out on the course:
- Gives accurate position data anywhere on the golf course
- Shows distances to the green, plus info on fairways, bunkers, lakes and other hazards
- Measure the distance you've hit your shots and record the data
Handheld GPS systems are typically used by hikers, campers, and explorers to track their location and where they are headed.
- Pinpoint your position precisely
- Display vital info such as terrain and difficulty
- Designed to work even under tree cover and in canyons
- Often used for ‘geocaching', which is similar to a high-tech treasure hunt
Why use GPS?
Whether you train for fun, fitness or for competition, using GPS is great for improving your performance and enhancing the overall experience.
Seeing how far you have run, cycled, trekked or hit your shot can be a great motivator, and help you keep pushing for your personal best.
Sports GPS at halfords
View all Sports Trackers and Fitness GPS