Fitted bundle deal
includes Accessories + Fitting
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
- Delivery Options
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
The Trail Gator lets your child experience riding a bike with an adult in safety. Once assembled, no tools are required to fit or remove and you have full steering and speed control. Children love being in tow with an adult and can choose to either pedal or coast along. With a high strength steel frame the trail gator is extremely robust and will stabilise your child's handlebars for improved balance. A telescopic folding system means that it's easy to store and transport when not in use.
Trail Gator Extra Info
- Ride attached or separately on same ride
- After initial assembly attaches and detaches in seconds without tools
- Child can pedal or coast whilst being towed
- Telescopes and folds for easy storage
- Adult rider controls steering
- Stabilises child's handlebars whilst in use
- High strength steel frame
- No parts need to be removed from either bike
- Fits most 16-20" child bikes
- Rider weight limit 70lbs
- Not suitable for use with bikes which have rear racks or rear child seats
Trail Gator is rated out of 5 by 144.Rated 4 out of 5 by WhyMustIHaveNickname2 from Amazing bit of kit Problem: Feel trappped by young, unconfident junior rider, with adults wanting to spread their wings & cycle. Solution: Trailgator! Allows juniors to join you on relatively long (flat-ish) rides. It’s harder work but a good work out... and they absolutely love it! One slight issue with one of the swing tighteners, which bent whilst applying pressure to tightenDate published: 2018-05-09Rated 5 out of 5 by Anonymous from Good solid design Really pleased with it...it's definitely not a nightmare to put on, and I'm not a 'bikey' person by any means....definitely watch and follow the youtube video, and it's really not that difficult. Once on, it's really solid, and the fact it extends back and folds away when your little one is ready to ride on their own for a bit, is excellent.Date published: 2018-05-03Rated 2 out of 5 by LucB85 from Nightmare to put on I brought this with mine and my sons new bikes so we could ride on the roads safely. Trying to assemble it and attach it on the bikes was a complete nightmare as I'm not at all a bike person that knows how to put bikes together!! Aside from that you have to take bits of your bike apart, which it had just been put together! Didn't feel at all safe, so I took it back and got a refund! Good luck everyone who buys it!!Date published: 2018-04-21Rated 4 out of 5 by AGOO from Thumbs up Fairly simple to put together (I followed a youtube video which made it pretty easy to do). It's so far worked very well. My only negative is that it would be better if you could vary the height of the gator more easily, my sons front wheel is only a couple of inches from the ground, but it hasn't been an issue so far, and he enjoys coming on bike rides with Dad and his older brother!Date published: 2018-04-19Rated 5 out of 5 by Hulkster from Great piece of kit. Tried it today,put my daughter's bike on the back of my wife's bike,worked great,we went on a 5 mile ride on a local cycle path,no problems at all.I saw on other people's reviews about it being loose and flimsy,not the case at all,I made sure all the bolts were well tightened and it worked great,good assembly instructions but it helped looking on a YouTube video as well.Date published: 2018-04-07Rated 5 out of 5 by Zaz83 from Trail gator Easy to build and install my daughter loves it her bike was nice and stableDate published: 2017-08-12Rated 1 out of 5 by Sarah33 from Trail Gator We was very much hoping this would make our bike rides more enjoyable with our 6 year old, but' the trail gator slides all over the place and was very stressful attaching both adult and child bike. It's a great idea but' in reality a waste of time.Date published: 2017-08-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Leo85 from Excellent product We love this bar, it's so fun and handy. The kids love it too.Date published: 2017-08-02
£3.99 Delivery available on orders under £40 placed by 8pm*
Your delivery date will be communicated at checkout. Delivery times are Monday to Saturday.
Free Delivery available on orders over £40 placed by 8pm*
Your delivery date will be communicated at checkout and on your confirmation email.
*Click here to learn more.
FREE Click & Collect - you can reserve an item online and pick it up from a store of your choice
Simply enter your Postcode on the product page to check availability, and select Click & Collect at checkout. What's more, you pay for your items on collection Click here to learn more.
Items in stock - collect from 1 hour
If your item is in stock at your chosen store, you can collect it from one hour after ordering online. We'll hold your item in-store for seven days.
Items not in stock - collect from 48 hours*
If your item isn't in stock, we can order it to your chosen store and it will be ready for collection in 48 hours time.
*Bike delivery will take four days, and an extra day if you'd like us to build it for you.
Please note that items sent directly from the supplier need to be ordered by 3pm for collection two days later. All delivery times will be shown during checkout.
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase