If you want to get fit and save money on a new bike, check out the Cycle2work scheme.
Fancy beating the traffic, saving petrol money and not worrying about parking when you travel to work? Then check out the Cycle2work scheme.
What's it all about?
As an employee, the Cycle2work scheme allows you to make huge savings on a new bike and any safety equipment. You can save up to 42% because the scheme acts as a tax break, which means you can get a brand new bike without paying tax and national insurance on it.
How does the scheme work?
You'll basically be hiring the bike from your employer in exchange for a small amount of your salary being taken over a monthly basis. It'll be deducted over a 12 or 18 months, depending on what works best for your budget.
What are the benefits?
Cycling takes the stress out of your commute and means you can get to work in a cheap and environmentally-friendly way. Plus, you'll be keeping fit and healthy at the same time.
Let's get going
Get your new bike in just 5 simple steps:
- If they haven't already, get your employer to sign up for the scheme by going to www.cycle2work.info
- Choose your bike and accessories from Halfords' massive range.
- Apply online. Your employer can then approve the total cost and you'll need to sign a hire agreement.
- Your bike will arrive and the price is deducted from your salary over 12 or 18 months.
- After the monthly payments, your employer can transfer the ownership of the bike to you for a fair price.
View all Bikes