Shimano Road Brake Cable Set - Black
Fitted bundle deal
includes Accessories + Fitting
Sorry - this product is unavailable right now
- Help & Advice
- Price Match
- Buying Options
Shimano Road Brake Cable Set BlackThe Shimano Road Brake Cable Set has everything you need in one pack including 1.6mm inner wires (1 x 1000mm and 1 x 2050mm), black 5mm M-System outer casing for a complete bike (1 x 2200mm) and all end caps.
Shimano Road Brake Cable Set Black Extra Info
- Complete set for the fitting of new brakes
- Easily fit new brakes or overhaul your gear cabling
- Inner wire is dual-ended for use on road or MTB application
- Outer casing is lined with a polymer sheath so inner wire operates smoothly
- Everything you need in one pack for easy installation
Shimano Road Brake Cable Set - Black is rated out of 5 by 7.Rated 5 out of 5 by Wackokid from Great Cables Needed new brakes as mine were 3 years old.. found these via halfords online... ordered click & collect..very easy & quick... cables were a fiddle to fit and I now dont have sticky brakes !! PerfectDate published: 2018-02-05Rated 5 out of 5 by SpinnersPTW from Just the job for renewing my brake cables. I needed to renew the brake cable to my disc braked tourer and needed a very long continuous cable outer so this was just the ticket. As it was not in stock I ordered it online and collected from the Port Talbot store the next day.Date published: 2017-10-21Rated 5 out of 5 by Roy12 from Shimano cycle set Very good cycle set highly recommended.another great value from HalfordsDate published: 2017-09-23Rated 4 out of 5 by Xyzc from Disappointed I purchased this set just to replace front brake cable on my folding road bike but found shortest cable was too short by approx 10mm consequently had to use longer cable and cut down so purchased 2 cables to replace oneDate published: 2016-10-18Rated 5 out of 5 by Twistyface from Quality parts, well packaged and good value. Title almost says it all.... here is the long version. Pack includes: 1: a shorter cable ( for the front brake), 2: a longer cable ( for the back), 3: one (long) length of cable housing (protects the cable, you cut it to length for your bike), 4: 4 x ferrules ( end caps for the cable housing) and 5: 2 x end caps to stop the cable ends from fraying. The packaging is simple and light, but protects the cables from getting kinked or rusting: much better than other cable companies, in my experience. The cables are Shimano's M System: they are very good quality, strong cables. Even the housing is good quality and it has a liner in it which makes the cable run smoother... the brakes work better than if you had used cheapo cables, and will likely last much longer too. Top tips: *Always change the housing when you change the cable: the brake will work much better. *Use the old housing as a guide to cut the new housing. *Make certain that you cut the correct end off the cable : one end is a 'pip', one is a 'disc' - when you take the old cable out, you will see which type your brake lever uses, cut off the end you don't need ;-) *Use good quality cable cutters for the cable and the housing: the Park CN10C ones seem quite expensive, but they will last you a lifetime, and give you a perfect cut every time... *Don't trim the cable length until you have installed it and are happy it is working...you can always cut more off, but you can't add any more on. You can pay £2 for the ferrules alone, so this kit is excellent value.Date published: 2015-06-19Rated 4 out of 5 by MarkenTour from Good inclusive cable set. Everything needed to replace the front and rear brake cable is included. Fine for general everyday cycling. Higher performance cables are available. Will have to see how long the cables last before wearing out. The outer cable ends are not especially tight and slipped off again easily.Date published: 2015-02-15Rated 5 out of 5 by Jon1969 from Great value Halfords again delivered a good price on a quality productDate published: 2014-11-27
Halfords - Our Price Match Promise
At Halfords we strive to offer our customers first class service and products at competitive prices.
In order to uphold our Price Promise to not be beaten on price, we actively monitor the prices offered by our competitors daily and adjust our own pricing accordingly.
If you find a cheaper price we'll match it, and if you find it after you've purchased from us we'll refund the difference within 7 days of receipt of your goods.
Simply take a print out of the competitor's online price into any Halfords store, ensuring, date and price are shown and we will match the competitor price if within policy.
Terms & Conditions
- The competitor's item must be identical (colour, size etc)
- The competitor's item must be in stock at the time of match
- The competitor's price must include delivery
- The competitors price must be publically advertised online and cannot include any membership/personal discounts
- We cannot match bulk promotional offers such as buy one get one free
- The competitor must be based in the UK and sell direct to customers (no auction or marketplace retailers)
- No other promotional offers or vouchers can be used on top of a price match
- We will match within 7 days of receipt of purchase
- We will match in store if our online price is lower than our store price
- We will not match against clearance, closing down sales or specialist retailers such as market stalls.
- In order to change the price of items bought on finance, the original agreement must be cancelled and a new one created at the lower price. The new agreement must still meet the minimum value and item requirements for finance.
- Items sold by Halfords Approved Partners are not subject to our price match policy.
You can buy this product from one of our carefully selected Approved Partners. The full list of options available are below. Simply add your chosen option to your basket and proceed to checkout when you're ready.
You can purchase products supplied by Halfords and selected other suppliers on halfords.com.
Checkout is always via halfords.com and all payment will be taken via halfords.com. In checkout the products will be split into separate deliveries for each supplier.Showing 1 - X of our buying options
Price Seller Info Purchase