What Proof of Trade do I need?

If you’ve lost your Trade Card, simply pop into your local Halfords along with proof of your identity and one or more forms of evidence that you’re a member of an eligible trade. We’ll be able to arrange to send out a new Trade Card. If you’ve set up an online account, you’ll need to update your details with your new Trade Card number, which you can do by clicking here.

Here are some forms of evidence we accept:

  • Payslip from employer
  • Copy of City & Guilds or NVQ qualification
  • College enrolment certificate
  • Business card or letterhead
  • Local newspaper ad
  • Local phone directory entry

Trades that are eligible for a Halfords Trade Card are as follows:
Qualified mechanic
Self-employed mechanic
Mobile mechanic
Small independent garage mechanic
Fast Fit Centre mechanic
Commercial vehicle mechanic
Police, fire or ambulance mechanic
Bus mechanic
Local authority mechanic
Recovery mechanic
College motor vehicle staff
College apprentice mechanic
Army mechanic
RAF or aviation engineer
Railway engineer / mechanic
Naval Engineer
Marine Engineer/Mechanic
Landscaper / Fencer
Welder / Metal worker
Utilities worker
Taxi companies & drivers
Courier companies & drivers